SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an 06 V70R (stock suspension) and my rear camber is out about 1.5 degrees on both sides and I wore the crap out of my winter tires this season.

What I am wondering is if this kit does the trick? It's an expensive option, so I wanted to see if anyone else has had success with this or anything else, but it is still cheaper than burning through tires.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Wow, you're burning through tires with just 1.5? I didn't actually think that was that bad. Maybe you went through your winter tires so fast because instead of snow, it was 60 every day? Or could you actually see them abnormally worn on the inside?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure, but the inner tread on both rear tires were worn significantly (the other areas were almost perfect), so I am not sure the weather was the cause.

I just put on new Toyos and I didn't want to risk killing the set...

The kits seems pricey, but in the long run it may be worth it if it does the trick

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
toe has a lot to do with tire wear. I used to run -3.2 up front and around -2.5 on the rear of my e36, when the toe was in spec I would get almost the estimated mileage out of the tires I had on the car

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
toe has a lot to do with tire wear. I used to run -3.2 up front and around -2.5 on the rear of my e36, when the toe was in spec I would get almost the estimated mileage out of the tires I had on the car
this. -1.5 you shouldn't be chewing through tires

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The toe was out, but not by that much, so I figured it to be the negative camber.

I just had a new alignment, so maybe I will hold off this season and see what happens, but I was nervous with the wear I saw on the snow tires and I didn't want that on my new summer ones!

·
Registered
942 Posts
If you do use the Camber Bushings, make sure your installer is qualified to do the job.
If they crack the cradle bushing mounting point, it means a cradle replacement, not cheap.

I did mine myself, it was a struggle (many hours) but now I have better tire wear, so it was worth it...

·
Registered
398 Posts
The toe was out, but not by that much, so I figured it to be the negative camber.
FoMoCo did the math: 1/8 inch of toe-in (quite a bit, but still, bear with me for illustrative purposes) is equivalent to dragging the tires crosswise for 11 feet each mile. So the tire will look feathered (google images if you don't know what I mean). If there's a circumferential wear ring, then it's from the camber.

Toe is like looking down at your toes. The higher the number the more spread out your toes are. Do the same for your car. Park it, and look down on it from a building. The angle the tires are spread is toe. Toe can increase or destroy straight line stability. Camber is the angle of the wheels if you look at the bumper straight on. A bit of negative camber is good for handling and BMW's use a bit in their rears. Imagine that silly crooked ass "stance" wheels that honda boys and dubbers love so dearly. That's extreme negative camber. Caster is the angle of the steering angle and not adjustable on a lot of cars. Pretty much it's the angle of how the strut mounts to the knuckle. In clockwise or counter clockwise areas around the wheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts