SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed H&R lowering springs and SPC camber arms, took the car for an alignment and after it was done the technician told me that camber was within factory specs, i looked at the paper and it says the rear left is at -0.9 and the right is -1.9. the problem is when i have people sitting in the back left side rubs on uneven pavement and the right side is fine. Should i go back and get them to do the both sides same. Whats the best camber angle for good tire ware and minimal rubbing?<br>thanks

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: rear camber after alignment, left and right side different (shadowlord)

The sides are both different measurements ..<p> But i would take it back and say something if i was you .Rubbing on one side doesnt seem right unless you just have heavy azz ppl on one side and light weight on the other ....<br>

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: rear camber after alignment, left and right side different (shadowlord)

I'm -1.9 and -2.1 in the rear. If i went any less than -1.9 i was rubbing big time. That being said -0.9 and -1.9 is pretty big difference. I'd go back and tell them to give you more negative camber on the one side.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (shadowlord)

Wow you technician is a lazy ass... seriously it probably is within spec but doesnt change the fact that its a full degree off. Thats pathetic especially since you have camber arms. He should have been able to set it near perfect, just probably trying to bust it out.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Just had mine done and one side was -1.8 the other -2.1. Now I'm still worried about tire wear but they can't adjust them without arms. I guess we'll see how the tires do...

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: (Veefifty T5AWD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Veefifty T5AWD</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just had mine done and one side was -1.8 the other -2.1. Now I'm still worried about tire wear but they can't adjust them without arms. I guess we'll see how the tires do...</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Unless you like to replace tires <B>every</B> season i would get the arms ....

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Re: (jdsr917)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jdsr917</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>Unless you like to replace tires <B>every</B> season i would get the arms .... </TD></TR></TABLE><p>Why? Those are within spec...Volvo wouldn't have specs that would eat tires every season.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (Veefifty T5AWD)

Lot of is has to do with how we drive, gotta realize are cars are pretty damn heavy and most of us corner like we are race cars which scrubs the hell out of tires. <p>My camber is at those same specs and have done quite a bit of long distance driving since with no unexpected strange wear as of yet. Just been keeping my eye on it. <p>Also have to recommend rotating your tires frequently with the S40's keep them wearing evenly from front to rear as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts