SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife has a 2014 s80 with electronic parking brake. I recently did the back brakes and followed the manual instructions got everything back together and there is a clicking sound coming from them. Tore back apart checked everything and still it's there. Sounds like when as a kid you put something in your bike spokes. Had a mechanic buddy look it over and he said everything was right. Anybody have any thoughts on what it could be? All help is appreciated as it's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Clicking when? If you have a parking brake failure message, its likely you broke the worm gear in the caliper. You'll need replacement calipers. Try engaging the parking brake and releasing a few times. You should hear the motors activate and that whine noise as they clamp down and park. If its just clicking, yeah, sometime is broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The parking brake motors whine and engage fine. When driving is when the clicking noise presents itself. Best way I can describe it is like when a kid puts a card or something in his bike spokes clicking. Speed up and clicking does as well. Slow down and it slows as well. Both sides have the noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts