SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just did brakes and rotors on my 09 s80 and put Loctite on my caliper bolts then cranked down to 80ft. Lbs torque, that’s all my torque wrench would go to. Any ideas if I’m goin g to have issues if I don’t go to 110ft. Lbs? There seems to be confusion on what is the correct torque on those bolts. Some show 110 others say 70...any suggestions? I just want to make sure I won’t have issues with it falling off. Lol

·
Registered
719 Posts
No they will not fall off at 80ft lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I do them until they are star tight. When I pull the wrench and see stars I know they are tight. If my shoulder is not hurting after the job I probably didn't tighten one enough. Have fun on the next brake job breaking the locktite. Harbor Freight sells an electric impact gun. Not sure it will fit in between where you need it. They also sell breaker bars. I would get one and maybe slip it in the handle from the jack for leverage. Another way may be to put the jack under the breaker bar and let hydraulics break the locktite. The jack under the breaker bar is how some 944 guys get to the rear wheel bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts