SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm preparing to change my rear rotors and pads (first time for me) and have watched several videos on you tube (texascoder and FCP). It seems straightforward except for the the brake bleeding. There appear to be several methods :

1. pumping brakes
2. pressure or vacuum which requires tools.

Which is the best method to use ?

Also, does anyone know of the procedure to replace the parking brake shoes ? I strongly suspect this is the cause of the intermittent squeal I hear when releasing the brake pedal when driving.

Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You can use any of the three methods listed to bleed the brakes. I have a pressure bleeder and really like it because I can do the bleeding process myself.

Be sure to buy new bolts for the caliper mounting brackets. The bolts are torque to yield and need to be replaced as part of the repair.

I've never had to adjust or change the parking brake pads. I'd be surprised if the pads needed to be adjusted. You might be hearing some dirty/rusty parts moving around. Try and spray some WD40 and/or brake cleaner around the parts (try not to get the cleaner on the actual pads) and see if that doesn't help the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts