SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a thought but has anyone see the brake light iluminate the cargo area in the V40 when it is dark and you press the brake?<P>this is extremly dangerous in the dark when backing up and then you press the break and you can no longer look out the rear window beacuse it is so bright!<P>Not sure if anyone noticed this or if it is just my car! <P>I had it fixed by placing black foam around the light where it meets the glass, looks factory and i no longer have to back up without using the brake!<P>mitch<P>

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't know if this matters or not.... My 244 was broken into and I had a couple of different S40 loaners. The first was the same as my S40, ie., no glow from the brake light. However, the second loaner I had, the brake light lit up the whole rear seat area. On my car, the headliner is very stiff but I noticed the headliner on the second loaner was very flimsy and didn't seem to fit around the CHMSL very well.<P>

·
Registered
7 Posts
A foam insert strip generally does the trick; although I've noticed only the earliest V40s light up the cargo bay.<p>[This message has been edited by pierrestory (edited 03-15-2001).]

·
Registered
7 Posts
All the V40's I've driven or sold do the very same thing.....Did you say foam corrects the problem? I'll be sure to look at the trim fit on the one in my garage. I figured it was just a design flaw. Reminiscent of domestic products *not good*.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts