SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI AGAIN, ON THE REAR BRAKE DRUM ON A PV544,WHAT IS THE AXLE NUT TORQUE? ALSO I DON'T HAVE EXACTLY A PV544 CAR. WHAT I HAVE IS A 1925 FORD MODEL T ROASDSTER PICKUP WITH THE 1959 VOLVO PV544 RUNNING GEAR IN IT. IT HAS THE 1.6 FACTORY DUAL CARB MOTOR,4SP TRANS & REAR END & BRAKE SYSTEM FROM THE PV544 CAR. DON,T WORRY I DIDN'T RUIN A GOOD PV544 SOMEONE ELSE DID. I BOUGHT THE MODEL T THAT WAY LAST AUGUST. THE VEHICLE WAS BUILT BACK IN THE 70'S. IF THERE IS A WAY TO POST A PICTURE OF IT & ANYONE WANTS TO SEE IT LET ME KNOW HOW? DONALD

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Re: rear brake drum torque (mech-for-cars)

There are two other threads in this forum from the last few days relating to your topic. I suggest you read what is in them.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: rear brake drum torque (Walrus3)

Then come back here 'cause I put some doodoo in those threads.<p>Tighten the axle nut fully being sure that the hub/drum is firmly seated on the tapered halfshaft then back off the nut just enough to get the NEW cotter pin inserted.<p>Email all your pics to me and I'll do a free quick web page so we can see your "Volvo" project.<p>George Dill<p>dill_vcoatx~msn.com<p>[email protected]<p>George Dill<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts