SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear toe on my V70R has always been on edge of being in spec. After lowering the car and installing the IPD camber bushings things fell outside of spec. A shop run by an Audi master tech who preps race cars was able to finesse the rear toe into alignment. Now he has moved away and is running track side services at a race track about an hour away.

This past weekend I replaced both the Struts and Shocks. I had to take it to a different alignment shop. This one has mere mortal techs. Low and behold they can't get the rear toe aligned. It looks like there is a bushing that's shot where the rear toe cam rotates. That could be it. I'll have to replace that and try again.

Failing that I'm not sure what to do next. Even at best the rear toe is on the hairy edge. Does anyone know if there are different adjustment arms that can be installed to center the adjustment range better?

Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Sweet, I'm -1.3 degrees out, these are going on shopping list.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I ordered the TKIs. I'll let you know how it all works out. Until I get these on and that bushing replaced the car will be parked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts