SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't matter if I am at idle, cruising, decelerating, or full throttle the gauge reads 3 dashes. But as soon as I push in the clutch it starts reading. I've tried 3 different power and ground sources and nothing. What in the world could be linked to the clutch to do this?

Registered
ground the gauge to the door frame bolts, as shown in 10:42 in this video

then put the positive to the fuse box underneath the steering wheel, as shown at 8:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l07S8FUm8-U#t=538

It sounds like your gauge is hooked into a circuit that is wired into the clutch pedal position sensor, making it work only when the clutch is in

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome I'll try that. So what all does the clutch position sensor control that it would do this?
Because I had it hooked into the same source the other 3 AEM gauges are and those don't have any issues?

Registered
In addition to the power for the gauge do you also have the O2 sensor plugged into a separate power source? I'd suspect that more than the one you have the gauge plugged into.

Registered
Awesome I'll try that. So what all does the clutch position sensor control that it would do this?
Because I had it hooked into the same source the other 3 AEM gauges are and those don't have any issues?
Maybe you shouldnt hook all the gauges up to one power source? Maybe they are interfering with each other? Who knows.. i may just be speaking gibberish but i wouldnt put multiple gauges on one source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Have you tried taking all the gauges out and just putting in the wideband?

Registered
Obviously if it's reading dashes, there is power to it or else the LCD wouldn't be lit. Dashes generally mean there is no signal. Are any of your wires routed to where they would touch any of the pedal assembly or clutch master cylinder linkage? It sounds like a wire is being hit.

Double check your path for the wire harness from the gauge to the sensor...

Registered
This may be a stupid question but.. Do you have the wideband controller and the gauge itself?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Obviously if it's reading dashes, there is power to it or else the LCD wouldn't be lit. Dashes generally mean there is no signal. Are any of your wires routed to where they would touch any of the pedal assembly or clutch master cylinder linkage? It sounds like a wire is being hit.

Double check your path for the wire harness from the gauge to the sensor...
I think I could be... Wow I think that may be it.

Registered
Great, glad it was simple!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts