SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
WOW, you won't lose that in a parking lot. Glad to see Volvo stepping out a tad with color. Not for me but nice addition anyway!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
This is nearly the color of our '91 Miata(Mariner Blue). This has got to be 5X the paint surface ;) . That's a LOT o' blue! Our dealer has the S60 R in this color on the showroom floor. Sales dude said SOMEbody will come in JUST for that color. It is a rather novel hue for a $50K vehicle, I reckon.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Wow! I only thought this was being offered on the S60 R design. Definitely not my cup of tea on the XC60 but I'm sure someone would love it. Just not a premium SUV color to me.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
It's offered on all R-Designs except for the XC90.

Just like Laser Blue on the Gen 1 R's and Sonic Blue on the P2 R's.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Wow! I only thought this was being offered on the S60 R design. Definitely not my cup of tea on the XC60 but I'm sure someone would love it. Just not a premium SUV color to me.
I am with you on that although it is intriguing. Nevertheless, I truly like it on the S60 R-design and the C30 R-design.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
It sure is blue! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a Rebel Blue XC60 on order in June and I just couldn't pull the trigger. Without seeing it in person, I wasn't able to trust the pictures. I ended up going with Seashell and the two-tone interior instead. Of course now with the factory shutdown, I'm going on month 2 waiting for the car to even get a VIN number.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the photos. I think its a good looking color. Not sure I could convince the wife on it though but starting over I'd probably get it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
A Scandinavian yellow cross on the hood/doors might be just the ticket for some ;) .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Look good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like the 'polestar' color (sorry, I'm new). They should have made a special edition in that color to feature Polestar and cooked 500hp in it to swallow the X5 M series. Just a thought. Looks cool, althought mine's black. A bit more subtle I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Looks like the 'polestar' color (sorry, I'm new). They should have made a special edition in that color to feature Polestar and cooked 500hp in it to swallow the X5 M series. Just a thought. Looks cool, althought mine's black. A bit more subtle I suppose.
Polestar blue is lighter than Rebel Blue.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wow - Love it. I would get it in a heartbeat. I am that guy that would come in specifically for that color. We did passion red as it was the boldest color when we picked up ours.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That XC60 is at Lehman Volvo in Mechanicsburg, Pa. I recognize the dealer forecourt, I used to work there.

·
Registered
332 Posts
my 1st impression is with everyone. That a whole lota blue. however, the more i look at it, the more i like it... but i still think the color way fits S60R better...

·
Registered
75 Posts
OMG that is my favorite color but would I want a whole car in it? Hmmm. My favorite Volvo blue was the special edition color they did in 1999/2000. Electric/royal blue. That was stunning.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just saw one at Volvo of Westport this weekend... stands out more than the RDesign Passion Red! Love it, but couldn't own it.

Also, the blue is very reminiscent of the Laguna Seca Blue M3s from the early 2000s. I know it's not the same color, but makes me think of it, and I always loved that color.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts