SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to scoop a '18 V90CC T5 CPO. Test drove and noticed the passenger bucket seat had play in the seatback itself. Has anyone experienced this and if so, is it easily fixed? Dealer says they can tighten but just seemed so odd for a it to have play. The electronic controls worked well, just concerned something is stripped on the track or it's a faulty seat altogether?

Oddly this model does not have heated seats, which blows my mind as my '92 318i has the fronts heated. Bizarre.

Last question, this was a corporate car. Everyone I've spoken to says that should be okay and likely wasn't beat it much. When you all have bought CPO's, have you had them lift it to get a look underneath the car or just relied on the 170 pt. inspection?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
My driver seat has a little play. Should get fixed by dealer.

CPO is great if you drive a lot. You can extend CPO warranty to 10 years unlimited miles by less than $3k.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just keep in mind corporate car could mean it was owned and used by the corporate office in a variety of capacities, but it also means it could have been a press car. Press cars get BEATEN on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Press car beaten on the engine or interior? Interior looked good, but didn't dig much further. Thanks

·
Registered
926 Posts
Press car beaten on the engine or interior? Interior looked good, but didn't dig much further. Thanks
All of the above, though Volvo will typically try to keep the interior and exterior looking half decent so journalists will have a positive review.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Also, get under the car. Either have them put it on a lift for you, or just get down on your hands and knees and try to see the underside. A lot of press cars were tested out "off-road".

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The play in the seat suggests perhaps someone big and rough (I'm big so not shaming), but if everything else looks good (condition of leather on seats, steering wheel; condition of switches), should be OK. Regardless, you have the CPO for protection.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I bought a CPO but could confirm local original owner, so felt pretty good. As rkohou has enlightened everyone -- CPO does NOT address body repair. And if 'corporate' does mean 'media tester', I'd pass. Just read the media reviews. They ain't driving those cars gingerly. Interior may look fine. I'd be worried about abnormal stress on engine, transmission, brakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts