SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have instructions to remove or install the front door locks? I need to re-install the black plastic bracket that clips onto the metal lock. The painted cover then clips onto the bracket. However, the two bracket clips broke off inside the two holes on the metal lock. Does the entire door need to be taken apart from the inside? This started simply to replace the painted cover, but I did not know the clips had been broken inside the two holes. I spent $40 for matching paint and $55 for the replacement cover and bracket. Such a pain for a minor cosmetic detail.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Answering my own question, the door lock is easy to remove. Open the door and pry off the round plastic cap on the inside of the door normally hidden by the jamb when closed. Inside the hole you can see a T20 torx screw. You need a T20 torx wrench or bit with at least 5” length. Unscrew it all the way until it spins freely. Pull the exterior door handle and hold it while you pry off the door lock. It should pop off fairly easy. Reinstallation is the reverse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts