SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just a few days ago my car started to bog down in rpms only when I shift to drive from park, I need to Chang the trans fluid found instructions on the givens method and will be doing that soon, my question is has anyone else experienced this problem? I have a 99 C70 2.3L with about 168,xxx miles car idels fine and drives OK could this be a shift solenoid I doubt it's a torque converter because this would happen in all gears

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the car shifts fine into park before I drive to work but once I get off the freeway I develop the problem listed above

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Transmission flushed boy was it an odd color, purple if anything I'm not sure if someone used Royal purple or what, bit it's cherry red now!

Replaced the MAF surely needed all things helped the car but surging is still present!

Will be ordering a new etm gasket, going to pull it, and clean the butterfly valve, maybe switch to the contact less kit.
Keep posted for anyone who even reads the C70 fourms

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update just did the PCV breather system replacement took the intake to work did about 20 washes and solvent cleaned the hell out of it, looks brand new lol, cleaned the etm lots of carbon build up, installed everything, ran the car for 20 mins runs nice and smooth, drove it seems to have more power back in it, all in all cleaning everything was probably my issue, got a nice view of the intake side valves look clean as a whistle!! No more surging or strange stalls!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts