SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The handle on my sunroof sunshade has started having an annoying rattle. Given the fraility of the sunshade fabric and the plastic of the handle itself, is there any way to fix it? There's a large rectangular plastic piece on the top of the sunshade that's connected to the handle. Not sure how the two come apart. Maybe a bead of black silicone around the rectangular piece will be enough to quiet it?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Funny, mine just started to rattle too. I haven't spent time investigating, but now I'll be watching this thread and if I find a solution, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, mine just started to rattle too. I haven't spent time investigating, but now I'll be watching this thread and if I find a solution, I'll let you know.
I just slapped a piece of black Gorilla Tape onto the top of it. No more rattle.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't heard any noise from the sunroof since doing this. Why did I wait so long?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Haven't heard any noise from the sunroof since doing this. Why did I wait so long?
Where’d you put the tape? I’ve got the same problem. Already ruled out the glass itself. Seems like it’s plastic somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where’d you put the tape? I’ve got the same problem. Already ruled out the glass itself. Seems like it’s plastic somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the top of the sunshade above the handle. If you partially open the shade, you can feel a plate right above the handle that connects to the handle. Put the tape along the sides and rear of that plate. The front is up against the fabric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts