SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been lurking on this forum for almost 2 years now, since when I purchased my 04 S60R. Over that time I have visited this forum on a nearly daily basis and found a great deal of information related to my car. However, I've never actually posted, until now.

Over the past couple of days, I've driven around with my front driver-side window down, and noticed what I believe to be a new rattling sound. Could someone confirm if this rattle is "normal"? If you hit the interior of your front, driver or passenger doors, with your windows fully down, do you also hear a rattle?

Thanks…

Milton

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Rattling sound from front doors (mibo14)

NO, have your dealer fix it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Rattling sound from front doors (JRL)

Thank you for confirming. It didn't sound right, but then again, I can't remember the last time I actually had the window fully down.

Thanks Again,

Milton

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Depending on his service advisor, he'll probably have to pay for it since squeaks and rattles are covered for the first 12 months only.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
NO, have your dealer fix it

Don't go to Hudson Valley Volvo...they'll just say that it's "within normal operating parameters."

Just like the known 500 rpm slip on the GT's is "within normal operating parameters".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Rattling sound from front doors (needsdecaf)

Thanks for the advice. I normally go to Danbury Volvo and have not had any issues with the service there.

I should be going there fairly soon for an oil change and will let them know about the rattle.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mibo14 »
Thanks for the advice. I normally go to Danbury Volvo and have not had any issues with the service there.

I should be going there fairly soon for an oil change and will let them know about the rattle.

Does Danbury do loaners if you call far enough in advance?

Do the mechanics have "R" knowledge? HVV is totally worthless when it comes to anything outside the norm. See my forum below:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=54598

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

As of my last major service / repair visit in April (7500 mile service and brake squeal fix) they did give out loaners.

While I can't speak specifically to the mechanics' "R" knowledge, I can say I have found the service advisors/manager to be knowledgeable in this area and easy to work with. I normally go in with information from this forum and they are always willing to listen and work with me to correct my problems.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mibo14 »
I normally go in with information from this forum and they are always willing to listen and work with me to correct my problems.

Ha! My SA told me that the specs I gave her were not Volvo specs, then aligned the car to the same specs!

(Thanks again to Jim Lill / JRL).

Looks like it's Danbury from now on. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

I finally again got the printed out TNN which PLAINLY STATES right on it the corrected rear toe specs
(Let me know if you still need/want it)

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

Jim:

Yes, thanks...please send it to the fax number I gave you before...IM me if you lost it.

Sorry I didn't remind you last week, I was away in AZ on business.

I can't wait to show it to them.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
Jim:

Yes, thanks...please send it to the fax number I gave you before...IM me if you lost it.

Lost it, IM me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts