SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been driving our new 01 XC and have noticed an annoying rattle coming from somewhere in the rear on bumpy roads. I have secured the jack attached to the spare wheel better, and have applied foam tape to the plastic bag holder to stop it from moving but the noise persists. <P>As with any noise or rattle, it’s hard to pin-point so I’m just asking in case it’s a common problem with the 01 XC. My next area of attack is the rear seats but if I try shaking them by hand they make no noise.<P>Thanks much<BR>

·
Registered
528 Posts
The only common thing I've heard of is the spare tire itself, or the battery hold-down. Make sure those two are tight before attempting anything heroic.<P>- Darell<P>

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you get real desperate, try having another person drive while you lurk about the rear areas . Be sure to check the compartments at the rear on either side. (The V70 has these, so I presume that the XC does also).<P>My Owner's Manual (I understand that there are more than one edition for the 2001 V70's, so this may not apply to you)) has an error on P.66 that can create confusion about the rear floor panels:<P>It says, "Remove the rear hinged floor panel by raising it approx. 6 inches.." It should say," Remove the forward hinged panel.." This error appears in 2 places on P.66.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts