SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently going over a pass and as I was accelerating and taking a slight curve to the left I heard a very loud rattle coming from the passeger side. It sounded like it came from underneath the passenger seat maybe passenger footwell area. It was not from the inside of the cabin. Has anyone experienced this, know what it is, and if so, did you have it fixed? I have heard this twice; both times as I'm going uphill and accelrating while turning to the left.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Seems like you can replicate it with the uphill turns, shoot and post up a quick video of the noise. How many miles on the car? Can you replicate the noise by breaking fairly heavily, with or without also turning the wheel?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Passenger seat belt buckle hitting door pillar. I fixed it with a thin piece of sticky-backed foam rubber stuck to the pillar.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blangen; I wish that were the case, passenger was in the seat with buckle on.

Slipperyb; I have been trying to replicate. I hate issues like this. Hard to take to the dealer when you have not evidence demonstrating your problem. Additionally, 43,000 miles and no noise when braking or turning the wheel (other than as in the example).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts