SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for the rattle sound from the back when going over bumps, I discovered it was from the trunk latch. The trunk latch lock motor failed so the latch isn't snug so every bump causes a rattle.

Thought I'd share.

If you notice when you close the trunk lid there's normally a brief servo motor or actuator sound right after the trunk latches. That sound/lock doesn't happen anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too!

After searching for the rattle sound from the back when going over bumps, I discovered it was from the trunk latch. The trunk latch lock motor failed so the latch isn't snug so every bump causes a rattle.

Thought I'd share.

If you notice when you close the trunk lid there's normally a brief servo motor or actuator sound right after the trunk latches. That sound/lock doesn't happen anymore.
I've got a 2016 XC60 T5 that's new to me, and the noise is driving me bonkers. I took it in to the dealer, thinking it was the spare tire, which was not installed properly. They put the bolt in, but the noise is still there. It sounds like a can of something rolling around in the back. What did you do to fix it? My dealer has been quite difficult to deal with, and I doubt this is covered under warranty. Any ideas? I love the car, but this actually reminds me of when I used to drive an Element, which I loved, but it's definitely a couple of steps down! In that car, there's no carpet, and it's all open under the seats. From time to time, a bottle or can would escape from the grocery bags and just roll all over the place. It's very unsettling, and everything else in the car is so nice--Platinum Trim ;-)
The answer may just be "turn up the music," but if there's a straightforward fix, I'd love to know about it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably the trunk latch actuator motor that went just like mine. Close your trunk with it quiet around you. Listen for the actuator to make the sound right after the trunk is closed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the trunk lock thing is fine. The rattle was from a broken spring in the front suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts