SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Since I had the car I have been getting irritated with a noise whilst driving. Today I found out that all the noise was coming from the rear seats's seatbelts when hitting the piece of plastic on the sides of the seats.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Omar

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have had some annoying rattles from the second row. I found that if you move the second row seats forward just a tiny amount, the rattles go away, and I haven't noticed them in weeks. Your results may vary...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try it out tomorrow because it is extremely annoying. Other than that the car is so nice :) I have the standard suspension and I don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes, I have the standard suspension, as well. Hopefully it works!

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Hello All,

Since I had the car I have been getting irritated with a noise whilst driving. Today I found out that all the noise was coming from the rear seats's seatbelts when hitting the piece of plastic on the sides of the seats.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Omar
Yeah, I posted about that a long time ago so it has happened to me.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
And did you fix it?

I showed those who sit in the back seats of my vehicle often how the buckle rattles if they aren't careful to place the buckle back so the loop acts as a buffer against the plastic. They must have listened because I've never heard it again.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Thanks a million for the tip.

Sorry I didn't have an actual fix for ya' though, lol. I probably would have found something that would have worked if they kept doing it and I had to hear it while driving alone but thankfully trey listened. Moving the seats forward like mentioned above would probably work but it'd allow for less legroom back there so, for me, I wouldn't want to go that route even if it only takes away a small bit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have people sitting in the back that often so if the same solution works for me as well that would be great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's seriously less than an inch (or a few cm) that makes the difference for me... Nothing major.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I noticed a rattle last night. Seemed to be coming from 3rd row area,but seats are down. This could very well be the cause. I'll check into the seat belt issue.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Could possibly plac a piece of felt on the buckle. Like the type you place under furniture legs. Movers felt I think it's called?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys,

So I still haven't managed to fix all the rattles in the car, and I'm going literally nuts.

I have put down the 2nd row seats (I don't have 3rd row), I have removed the rear shelf completely and also opened the 2 shopping bags hangers that we have in the luggage compartment.

I tried with the sunroof curtain both open and closed, no difference. I also check for lose things next to the puncture kit, and found a module which wasn't secured properly. I tightened the screws but still, it didn't make any difference.

The last thing that I can do is to replace the double sided tape which is holding the number plate's holder to make sure that it is fixed super tight.

I also climbed in the back and closed the back door and jumped a few times but couldn't replicate the noise.

Everytime there is a slight change in the tarmac I hear between 2 or 3 rattles, 1 after the other. (super fast) like tin tin tin.

Since there was another guy who had some rattles coming from the headliner I checked that one as well, or at least to some extent, but couldn't replicate the problem.

If I don't manage to stop it after replacing the double sided tape I will have to take it to the dealer because it is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Have someone sit in back and see if he can tell where the rattling is from? He can also try to move seat belts around and see if it changes anything.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's definitely not the seat belts though because that creates a different noise. :/

·
Registered
42 Posts
I didn't realize the XC90 came without a third row. Does that vary by markets?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes in Europe we can choose between 5 and 7 seater. And there is a price difference of around 2000 euros just in case you were going to ask :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Anyone know if dealers have a fix yet for the rattling door pocket when playing music? My passenger side door seems to be getting worse.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts