SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of the IPD subframe inserts and Orings to address a mild front suspension knock. The end result is a more pronounced knock/rattle at mid-low speed. VR has track sways, elevate springs and less than one month old spring seats. What should I look for next? TIA

·
Registered
308 Posts
Check your sway bar links just to rule them out.. if they are new make sure they're tightened properly. My track sways ate through one of my links in a few months after having the sways done. The symptom was a mild knock/rattle that sounded like something was coming loose in the suspension. Visually the link looked fine but once I pulled it off I noticed a small amount of play that was the cause of the noise.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VR has stock end links. will disconnect the front swaybar and see if the rattle goes away.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check your sway bar links just to rule them out.. if they are new make sure they're tightened properly. My track sways ate through one of my links in a few months after having the sways done. The symptom was a mild knock/rattle that sounded like something was coming loose in the suspension. Visually the link looked fine but once I pulled it off I noticed a small amount of play that was the cause of the noise.

Yup..Endlinks. will purchase the Meyle from FCP. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
557 Posts
End links are the first place to start.

Assume all the other suspension components are in order?

The sub-frame bush inserts will stiffen up things - and if you have any worn components they'll show up:
Worn LCA bushes that look OK (but are goneski) will develop a deepish and pronounced rattle/thud over bumps - you can feel it through the chassis…
Similar to failing spring seat mounts…
Ball joints and tie rod ends that are cactus have a muffled and mid range rattle that's prevalent over smaller surface imperfections…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts