SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There’s a sound similar to metal vibration coming from what sounds like front passenger speaker. Can’t tell if it’s tweeter or speaker grill. Anyone have this problem? Don’t have the B&W system just stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
There’s a sound similar to metal vibration coming from what sounds like front passenger speaker. Can’t tell if it’s tweeter or speaker grill. Anyone have this problem? Don’t have the B&W system just stock.

T6 Momentum, noticed that sometimes rattle comes from vibrating door pocket. Squeezing in bigger water bottler helps, although I wouldn't be surprised if speaker grill can rattle as well.

·
Registered
369 Posts

I had a similar problem that was easily repeatable with a tone generator app around 65Hz. The dealer ended up removing the door panel and said there was foam tape installed at the wrong location and they corrected. My guess is that there is some connector inside the door that will rattle against the door interior without the foam insulation. I now have a similar rattle on my passenger door but haven't tried to isolate yet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
did you guys find a solution?
i ve noticed a similar squeak when closing passenger door and after inspection i figured out that when pulling or pushing she door pocket the squeak replicated

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a similar problem that was easily repeatable with a tone generator app around 65Hz. The dealer ended up removing the door panel and said there was foam tape installed at the wrong location and they corrected. My guess is that there is some connector inside the door that will rattle against the door interior without the foam insulation. I now have a similar rattle on my passenger door but haven't tried to isolate yet.
What is the tone generator app called? I'd like to play different frequencies to identify rattles too. TIA!

·
Registered
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
641 Posts
It’s called “Signal Generator” on the iPhone store.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a rattle in this location as well. It's not the speaker grilles, and pushing against the door panel seems to stop it. I'm waiting for the dealer to replace a broken speaker under CPO warranty, then I'm going to repeat what I've already done to my rear doors. Felt tape wrap the wired connectors, cut small pieces of butyl rubber (e.g. dynamat) to put in all the slots where the door card hooks to the door, and add thick noise dampening filler material between the panel and card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts