SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see if the old theory of volvo and saab owners are "upper echelon of society" holds true.

This is a survey just for the kicks; curious what's the ratio for yuppies versus ghetto boys with R

I just might have a unique distinction being the only R driver in a low-income neighborhood

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Re: rate your neighborhood. (stevectsai)

Mine's Upper/Middle class, and I think it's pretty safe. Even though some kid was beaten to death beyond recognition in the park 400 metres away from my house 3 years ago.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Re: rate your neighborhood. (C70drvr)

Quote, originally posted by C70drvr »
Mine's Upper/Middle class, and I think it's pretty safe. Even though some kid was beaten to death beyond recognition in the park 400 metres away from my house 3 years ago.

Blame the penguins.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Re: rate your neighborhood. (e1618978)

Quote, originally posted by e1618978 »
What is the dividing line between middle and upper class?
Attached three car garage....

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

NC State vs Duke

·
Registered
582 Posts

Ours is a solidly middle-class suburb. Our V70R, Saab 9-5 sedan and Saab 900 are the only European cars on our street. Lots of late '90s Accords, Camrys, Corollas, and minivans around here.

Schools are known to be good in our city; I'd consider it a bedroom community to Seattle. The Northwest may be a stronghold of Swedish car buyers, but my neighborhood isn't!

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
There are ton of fancy stuff near me. Someone has a Carrera GT(!!) a few blocks away. Lots of other Porsches as well. I have one of three S60R's in my town!
A couple of Bentley's are commonly seen.
Of course, I can't come close to affording a Bentley or Carrera GT.

·
Super Moderator
14,838 Posts
Low income townhomes (college housing mostly).
Moving to a nice middle-class townhome in 3 months where I will live until I break ground in a nice middle-upper class area in 4-5 years.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: rate your neighborhood. (vintagemilano)

Quote, originally posted by vintagemilano »

Attached three car garage....

And three nice vehicles in it of course.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Old money or new, lol...I think the middle upper is 6 figures plus combined. A person who can care less about the cost of something and not look at thier banking before doing so, would be in the upper.

But a range of class is probably dependent on your local area, tax, school system...etc.

I most definately come for a middle class family, if this helps you any. Or, you could ask; how much do you make and what are your spending habbits to get the same idea of region one might belong to.

Kevin

·
Registered
235 Posts
Re: (big2mo)

Quote, originally posted by big2mo »
I live in North Dallas. 1 mile from crack houses and 1 mile from $2M homes.....

Man, I wish they'd put a DART station in Highland Park. Then the crack heads would have a much easier time robbing the place.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (Nebor)

my neighborhood is 98% latino with small % of Asian and Black, get this: Zero whites. Whites wouldn't touch my area with a 10 foot pole.

my neighbor in his 30's has kids who already had kids, couple houses down there is a ma-jong play house and every weekend there will be a bunch of asian gangs hanging out and gamble allnight. "

btw, my old pair of sneakers went missing from the patio the other day

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

Dude... it's a 35-45K car... You're gonna get some skew in the results just based on that.

How about a poll for gated vs non-gated communities

·
Registered
4,349 Posts

For example, my neighbourhood has houses ranging from small attached rows of garden homes, a large luxury apaprtment building in the middle, several streets with middle class homes, and about 5 courts like mine, with larger houses ranging from 2500 to 5000 sqft. On my court, everyone drive's something high end. An Audi across the street, 2 SAABs next to him. My next door neighbour has a BMW 330CI, Acura CL3.2 Type S and a new Cadillac STS. We have a BMW 3 series and a Volvl C70, and the other guy next to me, a Mercedes E320. It goes on from there.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Being flat a-s broke and knowing it or just a little broke but in denial! I live in a very nice area with a huge range of home prices, varying from $200,000 to $2,000,000-$4,000,000 all within a mile of each other. I am at the lower end of the home prices but here in Texas $300,000 buys a very nice home, 3200 sq.ft and brand new with a lot of upgrades. I personally think most are living paycheck to paycheck and the only way they can afford their home is with an interest only loan as we have many friends who are doing this trying to keep up with each other. The people with the real money are driving old beaters!

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: rate your neighborhood. (C130)

Quote, originally posted by C130 »
I am at the lower end of the home prices but here in Texas $300,000 buys a very nice home, 3200 sq.ft and brand new with a lot of upgrades.

And up here, a 50 year old 3200sq.ft home in average condition (probably in need of updated bathrooms and/or a kitchen, maybe a new roof, windows, etc.) will run anywhere from ~$1MK+ depending on which town you're in....and this house sits on less than an acre. Or, if it is new, it's easily well over $1M and is probably sitting on a 1/4 acre (or less) lot in a cluster home community.

I remember seeing a beat up 1400 sq.ft ranch built around 1960 on property barely the size of the home advertised for over $900K in Greenwich.

-Eric

P.S. Living in any of these neighborhoods doesn't make you rich.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.