1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well let me start off the weekend with a RAVE:

Got my new car!!!
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT

Haven't snapped any pics with it and the volvo yet, but I did get a few with it and the Z (which I sold to acquire the BRZ).

RAVES: NONE!

DRINKING: Widmer Brothers Okto Seasonal (it's delicious!)

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I haven't even seen one on the road yet. How does it drive? Leave out no details because I have been curious.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Nice, not a fan of the BRZ but love the Datsun! :) Though the BRZ is a great machine no doubt!

Raves :
Making arrangements now to drive from Woodstock GA to Fayetteville NC to finally pick up my R!! I haven't seen it since July when I had my accident, so its been sitting in my friends garage safely until I return to get her! I still can't walk but the doctors said I have enough strength now to at least push a clutch. :)

Rants :
Was originally going to borrow my cousin's car but this morning she told me a check engine light came on, will see what the issue by 1PM - otherwise I'll get a 1way rental with Hertz.

Wearing :
gym shorts and tshirt - just got back from Physical Therapy, about to shower but had to check SwedeSpeed first haha. Today is a good day, might go wear jean shorts, polo shirt, white socks ankle cut, white nike shoes, no rings, no chains but will wear the Breitling watch.

Happy Friday!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I've seen one on the road and they look better than they look in the pictures.. IMO.. But they are slow.. They respond to a turbo kit well though.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Raves:
Painting my sport kit tomorrow. Car was bought without one and I can't believe I went a whole year of ownership without one. What changed my mind was when I saw a fellow members car in person. It looked so good in person, I ordered that night lol. I prefer to boycott dealerships so I am doing this on my own using color matched paint from paintscratch.com. It worked pretty well on the headlight wiper covers but doing a larger surface area is harder to hide paint pattern. Really excited! Wish me luck.

Rants:
I am originally from St. Louis and am a HUGE cards fan. They are up 3-1 in the series and things are looking pretty good. Game 5 is tonight so I am wishing them luck.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Congratz on the new BRZ, I am sure that RWD + 6MT = a whole lot of fun. As o2k already stated, 200 HP could be improved on, but that is what they make mods for right :)?

·
Registered
727 Posts
BRZ FTW!!! Those things are so much fun to drive, the handling is unbelievable. Just wish it had a little more power. Besides that the styling, handling, feel, and ect are all there!

Rave:
No homework this weekend
Installed ARD TCV yesterday and car is running great.
New stage 2 AEM water meth going in this weekend
concert tonight

Rant:
Nothing!

Happy friday!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't even seen one on the road yet. How does it drive? Leave out no details because I have been curious.
Like it's on rails. Ride is firm, but doesn't beat you up. Shifting is nicely short, and notchy. Easy to reach the limit and hold it there, traction control works well (and is defeatable). It's a bit loud at speed, there isn't much insulation. And the engine doesn't make the best noises but a good quality exhaust and intake will fix that (eventually).

I always considered the Z a pretty sporty car, but driving it back to back with the BRZ is night and day. I loved my 240Z, but couldn't be happier to now be driving the BRZ.

Oh, and the hood is so low that when driving it, you just see the fender bulges... It looks badass!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Rants:

-Time is extremely tight, really need to get some installs done.
-ViVA CBV is still sitting in a box and an FMIC will soon be joining it.
-Pulled 2 All-nighters this week, 2 written exams totaling 7 pages each, two case studies 2 pages each, 2 article reviews 3 pages each. So needless to say I am excited for a relaxing weekend off.

Raves:

-Kancamagus Cruise is this weekend. 40+ cars attending, should be a good time.
|INFO|https://www.facebook.com/events/475582165809726/ |INFO|
-Buying new Oakleys today. Jupiter Factory Lite's. Pretty Pumped.
-Stitching my Driver seat today and giving the leather a nice well needed condition.
-Well needed cleaning, may claybar.
-FMIC and IPD Throttle Pipe going in in 2 weeks.

Yup That's it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rants:
-After reading tuscanni's post, it reminded me that my Breitling is broken and will cost $500 to fix :(
-Strange intermittent tick coming from the XC90. Need to figure this one out.
-Need more $$ for parts.

Raves:
-WFH today. Got to go to lunch with my wife and girls.
-The weather has been beautiful and the R is loving it!
-Kitchen remodel is almost complete.

Listening To:
-the sound of my kids (and wife) napping.

On Tap:
-Yuengling and Sierra Nevada Tumbler.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Raves:
Painting my sport kit tomorrow. Car was bought without one and I can't believe I went a whole year of ownership without one. What changed my mind was when I saw a fellow members car in person. It looked so good in person, I ordered that night lol. I prefer to boycott dealerships so I am doing this on my own using color matched paint from paintscratch.com. It worked pretty well on the headlight wiper covers but doing a larger surface area is harder to hide paint pattern. Really excited! Wish me luck.

Rants:
I am originally from St. Louis and am a HUGE cards fan. They are up 3-1 in the series and things are looking pretty good. Game 5 is tonight so I am wishing them luck.
Good luck painting a whole bumper/kit using Aerosol. I am a fan of paintscratch paints as I used it for my eye lines and winglets and exhaust pieces and it came out good, but a whole bumper might be tough. Keep us posted!

·
6,436 Posts
Rants:
- JonnyRock replaced his Datsun with a BRZ! What was he thinking??!!

Raves:
- Looks like my next phone will be a Samsung Galxy S3 MINI

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Rants:
-After reading tuscanni's post, it reminded me that my Breitling is broken and will cost $500 to fix :(
-Strange intermittent tick coming from the XC90. Need to figure this one out.
-Need more $$ for parts.

Raves:
-WFH today. Got to go to lunch with my wife and girls.
-The weather has been beautiful and the R is loving it!
-Kitchen remodel is almost complete.

Listening To:
-the sound of my kids (and wife) napping.

On Tap:
-Yuengling and Sierra Nevada Tumbler.
Yuengling, nice! What's wrong with your Breitling? Do you have a place you can take it to or are you going to ship it off? I might be able to help, I have a great jeweler who is also certified by Breitling. A while ago I was in a car accident and with my arm out the window, it got smacked around, watch band snapped and my watch fell to the street, after 2 cars running it over and all that jazz - well, Breitling replaced the band but the case needed machined to take the gouge marks off and a new crystal and he only charged me 600$, since then, we've been pals.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Rants:
Another 100 hour M-F
Another 125 hour M-Sun

Raves:

Only 1:
Reruns of Fresh Prince, Home Improvement, and Married With Children go until something like 7:30 in the morning, and is about the only thing that makes a stretch of 48 hours of straight computer programming acceptable. Will, Tim, and Al get pretty damn funny when you are using brain matter as energy for the other brain matter.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rants:
- JonnyRock replaced his Datsun with a BRZ! What was he thinking??!!
Easy, my DD was a 98 Exploder and the Z didn't get enough use/care. Now I have an awesome DD, and when I feel like it I can swap for the wife's DD (V70R) and we're both happy!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
No rants. In Vegas for a horse show, weather is amazing, pool is empty and the hot Professional Bull Riders are starting to arrive for the nationals next week.

Life cannot be any better.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
No rants. In Vegas for a horse show, weather is amazing, pool is empty and the hot Professional Bull Riders are starting to arrive for the nationals next week.

Live cannot be any better.
You must have been drunk when you sent me that pm last night.. I was confused..lol. But I put it together..
What's a horse show? Is that like the donkey shows they have in other countries?

·
Registered
785 Posts
RANT: D*mn dealer front brake pad install has my front brakes squealing like pigs.

RAVE: It's Friday and I am not on-call this weekend.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
RANT: D*mn dealer front brake pad install has my front brakes squealing like pigs.

RAVE: It's Friday and I am not on-call this weekend.
So when are they going to fix it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts