SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
learn how to do it an an angle - even the lowest cars can get up the steepest driveways :)
The problem isn't the steepness. My driveway goes down from the road, but there is a big bump at the top. Angles don't help :(

Discussion starter · #26 ·
You might be disappointed. A chip and downpipe won't get you anywhere near 300AWHP.
You just stepped on this little boys lollipop...cruel man

Rants

-Dad in hospital with heart issues :(. Open heart 4 years ago. 3 stents today because of more blockages. Eats well and exercizes. Damn hereditary stuff.
- 3/4 parking brake shoes had delaminated.
- no time for boost gauge install and shifter bushings
- wasp buzzing by my ear the entire time working on car. Like i need that... Die you piece of ****.

Raves
- road trip in R to see dad. Driving at night tonight. Wish i had euro lights
- new parking brake shoes/hardware
-new oil. Rotella t6 5w-40
-new lower transmission mount.
-R in good shape otherwise
-picked up '02 wrx wagon with v7 sti swap w/ mods. Scary power. My stage 2 wrx is going bye bye.

Drinking
- homebrew- smoked bourbon porter and it turned out fantastic.

Yeah I would think 275awhp tops, which would still equate to close to 350 at the crank (assuming a 20% drivetrain loss). Still quite stout for a Volvo but, unfortunately, nothing extremely jaw dropping.
So, just curious, since I do want to be at 300AWHP at some point. (No more. I think I'll be more than happy with that number), what would be required to get there? Would it require an engine rebuild like Mr. Unassailable or Dr. Brutal (I think it was those two doing major engine rebuilds).

Rants:
Time for my monthly apartment cleaning. It is nice to have a fresh, clean apartment, but kind of annoying that it takes about 2 hours to do it.
R is dirty. again. Time for a car wash
R needs an oil change. Didn't have time to do it last weekend
GROM doesn't display text, and I have a ground loop. Ground loop is not too bad, but no text is a downer.

Raves:
Oil change this weekend! First time working on a car, ever.
Getting into carpentry/woodworking this weekend as well. Starting off very small.
Going to buy a bunch of parts/mods this weekend. Cannot wait to get them installed!
Starting hunt for a cheap project car. Mostly to teach me more about cars, without worrying if and when I break something.

Rants:
Exam week this week. Lot's of paper and exam's!
Don't have Atacama interior!
Don't have a sport kit!

Raves:
Weather is nice out.
Car seems to be running well.
Summer is almost here.
Moving to Florida in the fall.

Rants:
Time for my monthly apartment cleaning. It is nice to have a fresh, clean apartment, but kind of annoying that it takes about 2 hours to do it.
R is dirty. again. Time for a car wash
R needs an oil change. Didn't have time to do it last weekend
GROM doesn't display text, and I have a ground loop. Ground loop is not too bad, but no text is a downer.

Raves:
Oil change this weekend! First time working on a car, ever.
Getting into carpentry/woodworking this weekend as well. Starting off very small.
Going to buy a bunch of parts/mods this weekend. Cannot wait to get them installed!
Starting hunt for a cheap project car. Mostly to teach me more about cars, without worrying if and when I break something.
Good luck working on your own car. It's not bad, I promise ;)

So, just curious, since I do want to be at 300AWHP at some point. (No more. I think I'll be more than happy with that number), what would be required to get there? Would it require an engine rebuild like Mr. Unassailable or Dr. Brutal (I think it was those two doing major engine rebuilds).
Short answer, yes lol unless you remove all excess weight IE rear seats, heavy PEGs and anything else you can ditch :D

Id do DP, FMIC, Catback, tune and just be happy with the results :) anything more then your looking at new turbo, dayton internals and removing the engine to work on it, just ask KillerB he has been doing major engine work for over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer, yes lol unless you remove all excess weight IE rear seats, heavy PEGs and anything else you can ditch :D

Id do DP, FMIC, Catback, tune and just be happy with the results :) anything more then your looking at new turbo, dayton internals and removing the engine to work on it, just ask KillerB he has been doing major engine work for over a year.

Ah, it was KillerB, my bad. Hm....I looked at a couple other "How to get 300WHP" threads, and they concur with you. Eh, stock is what, 220-240WHP? Assuming 20% loss. Getting that up by 50 or so HP, whcih seems possible with less restricted airflow and a tune, I guess I'll be happy. I have no idea if 50WHP more actually noticeable, but I am guessing it very much is. This is my first car ever, see. :)

Thanks. I'll just have fun with what I can get. Eh, I should have been in that mindset from the start. Numbers don't matter too much. If they did, I wouldn't have got the R. ;)

No I don't think you need to go as far as an engine rebuild/upgraded turbo for 300awhp. A full 3 inch turbo back, intake, tune, fmic should be a strong "stage 2" and put you close to 300awhp. But thats just a rough guess; at the end of the day every dyno is different.

No where near as pricey as a rebuild, but not cheap by any means.

OK, I am confused - please explain to me how removing weight increases horse power. Improve 0 - 60 time absolutely, but unless you are getting a single mass flywheel or lightening some other motor bits, you really are not adding HP. just saying...

edit: Damn, Body Massage beat me to it :)

....removing wait won't get your more HP. ;)
It might not but it sure will feel like it ;) butt dyno is your friend :D

Im just saying it might not add horse power but a light car will be less mass too move so it will "feel" quicker like more horse power geez :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.