SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

OOOOOOooooOOOoOoOoooOOOooooo Scary....

Rants:

Vio is in the shop for a few days for timing/serp/water pump servicing.
She's getting diagnosed, some issue with a whirring front end unlike the Angle Gear whirl.
^^^My wallet is crying, but if she needs it then i'm gonna pay it.^^^
Ummm the weather has been jack $hit around here the past few days.
I'm overly tired.
Schoolwork will be raced through this Sunday as classes close next sat.
WORK :(

Raves:

Skips in Amesbury, MA has been open for a little bit and I need to make a trip there with some friends!
Following Skips is Hodgies....as always.
School's almost over for the semester!
Following servicing this weekend, saving for ARD, FMIC and new tires!!! OH BOY

Wearing:

Dunce Cap, Work Clothes, Das Pumas(Sanuks later(YES))

Listening to:

Worthless Babbling.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
RANTS:
-School - 30 page paper due today
-Work
-Can't get into my driveway after lowering car...

RAVES:
-Car is so low that I can't get in my driveway! wooo!
-New shocks/struts & springs were installed last weekend, car's handling is out of control, sways going in soon
-Love the new touring exhaust, sounds a little deeper than stock on idle and crusing but makes itself known when you get on it
-Noticably quicker spool after installing exhaust
-Semester is almost done, just need to finish this paper..

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Rants
- I'm 1.5K poorer from the last pit stop to the mechanic. Thanks to the driveshaft ($600 from the dealer), the rest was labor on other things like bushings, axle trasmission seals etc. Canadian Tax also sucks.
- Car is still dirty, haven't had the time to do a proper wash.

Raves
- It's nice driving the R again with all the suspension sorted out. Feels like I can deliver all of the power to the ground now.
- Been getting a lot of looks lately, maybe it's the wheels, or the weather.
- Side hop is gone!
- Spotted my first seriously modded R(micfre) other than Frank, Henry or myself LOL

Listening
- Tiesto Remixes (not sure why, LOL)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Rants:
- Still troubleshooting boost issue
- Need new suspension bushings & spring seats
- Weather still sux, all I wanna do is shine up the R

Raves:
- Fixed AWD at no cost! (Somehow was able to reset it and now it works fine)
- Dont need front struts as I first thought
- Tomorrow is Cinqo De Mayo :beer:

·
Registered
788 Posts
RANTS:
  • I have to work through Friday this week :rolleyes:
  • Houston is F'n HOT!
  • I work out of town so that is one less day that I get to see my pup and my R.
  • I got pulled over two weeks ago for my plates being expired and was told my license was suspended! :eek:
  • I haven't been able to drive the R, because I have been out of town and unable to get new tags.
  • My contract is up at the end of June and I have not yet found a new job/contract.

RAVES:
  • I normally only have to work through Friday :thumbup:
  • I get to see my puppy tonight.
  • I work from home all next week and will be getting tags for the R so I can drive it again!
  • The R is running great for the first time on Stage II tune.
  • I didn't get arrested when I was pulled over for driving with a suspended license.
  • I wend to the DMV last week Friday and got my license re-instated.
  • I'm purchasing a new (to me) '05 Ski-doo Summit 800HO snowmobile and trailer this weekend.

Wearing:
Talia gray/black suit, purple shirt and matching tie, Robert Graham casual loafers.

Yes, I'm the guy with the atacama loafers :cool:

Aj

·
Registered
857 Posts
Rants:
-need to bend my new exhaust a tiny bit.
-need to man up and install TME's.
-need to figure out where I'm going to move to
-WTF ARD?

Raves:
-Friday... Fack yeah!
-I love my iPd DP and Heico exhaust... She sounds mean.
-Rhinebeck Car show tomorrow.

Drinking:
Coffee!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Rants:
-R is clunking (front suspension), but at least the part is on order to fix the clunk.
-R seems to be yanking me all over the road now that I've got my summers on. Ugh. Didn't do this last year.
-Project at work not going smoothly, deadlines... hahahaha deadlines.

Raves:
-R seats so comfy compared to my dad's Mazda 3...
-Concert on Sunday!
-Project at work involves BURNING HOLES IN STUFF WITH A GIANT LASER.

Aww yeah.

Not really a rant or rave, I keep pondering trading the R in for a Subaru BRZ when they show up on the market... not as fancy, not as fast, more my size (don't need a 4-door), apparently a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rants:
Car is due for some work
Must Emission test Both of my vehicles before renewing my plates
I'm broke and don't get paid for another week and a half

Raves:
My latest art project is getting framed and is going to look great!
Weather warming up

On a side note: Does anyone have any input on things to do at 80,000 miles. I plan to do all of the fluids: Trans, Oil, Coolant, as well as spark plugs and potentially coils. The Timing belt still looks really good, and don't plan to investigate that until at least 90K

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Rants:

Reading Vio's responses.

That's about it really.

·
Registered
179 Posts

Aww yeah.
The video is private. :(. I want to see giant lasers!

Also, what on earth do you do that involves giant lasers? And burning holes in things with them?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The video is private. :(. I want to see giant lasers!

Also, what on earth do you do that involves giant lasers? And burning holes in things with them?
Oops, let me fix that. The video is of the inside of the laser doing awesome things.

By "giant" I mean 2 kilowatt, which is roughly the energy of 400,000 of the largest handheld laser pointers that are legally allowed in the United States without a lock-and-key system. We're doing high-speed cutting of shapes into pipes... I'm not sure if I should say anything more than that or I might get in trouble with work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lightning inside a laser? Now /that/ is cool.

And your work sounds really interesting! What is your background that allows you to get into this? I understand if you can't/don't want to tell us.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Eh, I'm an electrical engineer. I do automation, mostly motion control stuff.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Rave :
- Back home as of Wednesday from being in Houston TX for 10 days (Humble to be exact)
- Tires is prepped and going to shop to get tires for my black 20"... though I'm debating not mounting tires on them and put them on my new 19" Vanilla wheels...IDK, I have until 145PM to figure that out.

Rant :
- Car looks like crap, weather is not going to clear up until Sunday and that is when we have our meet here in Atlanta...
- Need timing kit done, will probably do the serpentine kit too as I have some squealing that I suspect is coming from the AC compressor clutch (found my AC refill cap off for who knows how long, and it was empty for a while so possibly water got in...)
- Car looks like crap and it bothers me enough to write it twice.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
5 1/2hr drive to New Milford, PA to see my girlfriends parents, its a rant cause I'm driving her 2000 Corolla :\

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rants:
This town revolves around pizza and beer.
Can't figure out if I can talk myself out of making my car a little faster (ard, r Kelly, obx downpipe)
The reason I settled for a girltronic was so I wouldn't start fooling around looking for more power. This was supposed to be a nice tame daily driver haha.

Raves:
Can't stop thinking about having over 300 HP at the wheels (for under $1000)
Weather is awesome.
I'm in the best shape of my life.
Oh yeah, just found out I'll be getting two raises at work.

·
6,436 Posts
RANTS:
-School - 30 page paper due today
-Work
-Can't get into my driveway after lowering car...

RAVES:
-Car is so low that I can't get in my driveway! wooo!
-New shocks/struts & springs were installed last weekend, car's handling is out of control, sways going in soon
-Love the new touring exhaust, sounds a little deeper than stock on idle and crusing but makes itself known when you get on it
-Noticably quicker spool after installing exhaust
-Semester is almost done, just need to finish this paper..
learn how to do it an an angle - even the lowest cars can get up the steepest driveways :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts