SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke down today. 06 s40 t5 AWD. I was driving to work with no issues (out of the ordinary at least) and after I exited the freeway and began to accelerate again I lost all operation of the transmission. I have no drive or reverse. Previously I replaced the three linear solenoids with new rostra units. This solved most of my issues minus only a hard 1-2 shift under light throttle and slightly harsh reverse engagement. I’ve put over 1200 miles on the car since the solenoid change and have only Had those issues up until a few days ago. for the past few days it’s been taking a little longer to engage into drive , up to a full two seconds . The fluid level is fine and does not appear burnt as it was fresh anyways. There are no codes stored in the TCM from my scanner. Does anybody have an idea what may have gone wrong? I made it to work because luckily I was able to roll into the parking lot because it was downhill from where I broke down. I’m thinking I will go pick up a used valve body tomorrow and give it a shot otherwise I guess I’ll have to tow it and replace the whole transmission. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the linkages are all good.I made the determination with some help on the Volvo page on Facebook that the fluid pump went out causing no line pressure. I picked up a 90,000 mile trans for cheap I’m gonna swap it out in the next few weeks. Sucks but at least I’ll have a lower mileage trans that I can maintain properly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts