SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting on my porch w/ my keys on the bed upstairs and my car just randomly locks. I know I've had a couple, nothing I can't pass a sobriety test for, but wt_? I made a beer run over 3 hours ago butcan anybody explain?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If you unlock your car and don't open a primary door (i.e pass or driver) it auto-locks. You can set how long you want the lock delay to be via your center console. Other than that yes you have had to many lol :beer:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I unlock, I think it's set to 3 or 5 min, but 3 hours kinda creeped me out.... and side note, Blue Moon's Pumpkin Ale brilliantly chases Johnnie's double black, but my car hasn't been drinking.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Haha, well it is Saturday night! Is this the first time it is happening or has this occurred before? There is no reason your car should re-lock itself hours after you drive it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's my thought process; 3+ hours doesn't make sense, and that's assuming I didn't do the habitual lock after exit. Kinda perplexed and any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to leave this, believe it or not; 2 pugzus(adorable) pushed my laptop under the bed and then proceeded to chew my charger cord; finally found everything this morning. Checked everything as far as the car settings and manual but don't see anything for a 3hr ish delay, my biggest concern is if it will randomly lock, will it unlock? And I wish it was somebody pranking me but I was definitely home alone that night.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
maybe your dog stepped on your keys

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both the dogs were outside w/ me, the keys were in the middle of the bed upstairs. @ some point soon I will be going to the dealership for a multitude of software and I guess it's worth mentioning but I have no idea wth happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts