SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I read a lot on this forum and decided to finally join. I searched high and low and cant find any idea how to fix my issue.

I have a 94 850 n/a.

I will randomly have an issue where my moon roof will close very slowly then stop and I have to keep trying or turn the car off and back on, also I randomly stalled today. I think these maybe related. Other than that the car has no issues. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advanced.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
the sunroof is not connected to engine electrics at all, the switch is simply fed 12v right behind the switch, and goes from there up to the sunroof control unit, and the electric motor next to it. you can forget any relation there. however, get some electronics spray and clean the connections behind the switch, might have been that causing the sunroof delay and suxh.

as for the stall, that can be a number of things. read your faultcodes yet? anyways, ignition is always a good place to start, if you havent dobe it in a while. plugs, wires, rotor, rotorcap and coil.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
just to be sure.... you might have a battery/generator fault who causes both the engine to stall and the roof to not close or react. and I say MIGHT, it would require the voltage to drop below 11volts. at that point, the ECU isnt very cooperative, cant imagine the roof control unit is either. start there, check your positive battery wires for wear and tear. have someone test your batterys health and whatnot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah , they look pretty bad. Im going to go ahead and change them out, kinda looked over it to be honest. Even if its not the main issue, couldnt hurt to put new ones on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts