SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Excuse my ignorance....why would you want to use the intermittent wiper when you have a rain sensor?
My dads mercedes sensor is awesome. That was an option that I wanted to get, but ohh well...maybe next time.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (rodlentino)

Quote, originally posted by rodlentino »
My car wasn't equiped with that option, despite it being the T5 AWD. Is it a stand-alone option or is included in one of the factory packages. I think they goofed!

On 2005 models in the US market it was included in the Climate package along with heated seats and headlamp washers (from memory).

Cheers
UKMatt

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (rodlentino)

Quote, originally posted by rodlentino »
I'm in Canada with a MY06 V50. I have both the headlamp washers and heated seats that are included with the Sport Package.

It looks like it's not even available in Canada for MY06

UKMatt

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (ukmatt)

For 2006, headlamps washers and heated seats were included in the sports package and in the premium package (T5 and AWD)

Premium Package
· Power Driver Seat
· Power Passenger Seat
· Memory for Driver Seat
· Homelink®
· Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror with Compass
· Heated Front Seats
· Headlight Washers
· Cargo Cover

Sport Package
· Dynamic Stability and Traction Control System (DSTC)
· Power Driver Seat
· Power Passenger Seat
· Memory for Driver Seat
· Homelink®
· Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror with Compass
· Heated Front Seats
· Headlight Washers
· Cargo Cover
· 17" - "Sculptor" Alloy Wheel
· Dynamic Chassis
· Bi - Xenon Headlights

The rain sensor option is nowhere to be seen, it disappeared in Canada, it used to be included in a package called "Climate".

·
Registered
555 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (d_man)

no - it's just not there! I've got one in the dash up front, and one in the console for the rear seats, but I should have a third one in the "trunk" and it's not there. Don't want to go off topic though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (matsharris)

I have the car for about a month now, my first car with a rain sensor. On the 2 or 3 days I've driven in rain, I used the rain sensor and I absolutely love it! No more fumbling to adjust wiper speed or interval.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (Dede)

2006 and 2007 US spec models have the rain sensor included in the Climate Pkg. I couldn't find anything listing it as a stand-alone option.

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (cmy4x4)

Quote, originally posted by cmy4x4 »
2006 and 2007 US spec models have the rain sensor included in the Climate Pkg. I couldn't find anything listing it as a stand-alone option.

That's US 06 and 07 spec models (and 05 actually). The questions above were related to Canadian models and it is apparently no longer an option up there.

UKMatt

·
Registered
125 Posts
Re: Rain Sensor Option? (matsharris)

I have this option on my 05; it came with the 'climate' package. I like it and use it more than any other wiper setting. I'll agree, it's not perfect though. I even notice that when I turn it on, SOMETIMES the rear wiper will go as well but not always. Its seems to know somehow if the rear window is wet or not.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts