SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 S60 with climate pckg. The rain sensor button on the wiper stalk illuminates only momentarily after being pressed, then turns off right away, the wipers will usually wipe once. This is with the wiper stalk in the off position as the manual states it should be. I tried this both in dry conditions and during a rain storm and same results. Any guesses?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not according to the owner's manual. The light won't turn on at all in the intermittent position. What's weird is while in the off position, if i hit the button, even after the light turns off it will still do only one swipe if i rotate the sensitivity ring upwards.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My 2005 S60R behaves exactly this way. Have you found a solution?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they told me that i have an improper replacement windshield, it's made by PPG not Volvo. It is the right size and fit and everything and it has a place for the sensor, but they said that unless it is Volvo glass, it often doesn't work because the glass may be a fraction too thick or thin.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: (iggy637)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>iggy637</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they told me that i have an improper replacement windshield, it's made by PPG not Volvo. It is the right size and fit and everything and it has a place for the sensor, but they said that unless it is Volvo glass, it often doesn't work because the glass may be a fraction too thick or thin.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I've heard of that. The rain sensor seems useless, to be honest with you. Put on some Rain-x, and put your wipers on low.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My car's got the rain repellent coating option. I wonder if this is messing it up (which is ridiculous because it's factory) or if they did put an aftermarket window and then apply the same coating to it...? The water beads up and slides away like crazy. Just... not crazy enough to avoid wanting a rain sensor. Haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts