SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After heavy rain the front passenger footwell is very wet (RHD car). The car has a sunroof.

I can see water has trickled from beneath the glovebox and has run alongside the lower trim panel next to the door onto the floor. When I open the door a lot of water comes out of the drain holes on the inside edge of the door.

The car is parked on a camber and the wet side is the lowest side of the car but all of my previous cars have been parked In the same place for the last 20 years.

I have ensured there are no leaves near the front scuttle and have cleaned out that area but the water is still coming in.

The car is due its 3 year service in a few weeks so would be grateful of any ideas as I am worried the service department won’t be particularly thorough.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Be very careful with using compressed air, use very low pressure. You can seperate the connectors inside the pillars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s a 2017 car and still under warranty. It’s going in to the dealer soon but I’d rather try an easy fix myself than have the dealer rip the interior apart.

I drove through an automatic car wash last week and not a drop of water came in - I thought it was fixed, having maybe been some dirt at the base of the windscreen. Today, though, the carpet is soaked again, lots of water runs out the bottom of the door on that side and there are visible drips under the glovebox!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts