SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to delete stock radio. Not use an aftermarket unit either. I'll mount a tablet in where the radio did go, but on to wiring... If I want to use the stock amp how can I use the stock wires going to it?
Pretty much asking is it possible to go from a 3.5 millimeter headphone jack to input to the amp ?

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
And if it's too quiet you just need to put in a line driver to up the gain from the tablet. It's basically a mini amp. Commonly needed on systems running an MP3 player straight to an amp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Let's see how this goes. Also I haber the world's worst hummmmmmmmmmm from the speakers. I've added an extra ground from the head unit... No help. Should I ground from the amp or wiring harness?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I had a wicked hum when I switched to an aftermarket system. Turns out my multi-pin DIN cable was wired differently from most, swapping a + signal wire and a ground. Once I toned and metered the pins I figured it out, voila, perfect silence.

Personally I wouldn't go direct tablet to amp, you'll lose F/R balance and center channel output. The center channel is powered by the head unit, not by the under-seat amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts