SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before but I wanted to reiterate the point for people who hadn't heard of the topic and because I finally got the solution to work. <p>I live in Chicago and all of the radio stations take a long time to "load" when I use my presets. I always get a "searching" message that comes up. This is because most of the radio stations broadcast text with their signal. This is the text that shows next to the frequency and gives information on the station and the song playing. When you set the preset, the radio memorizes the text that it was receiving at that time. Then when you go back to listen to that station the radio searches for the original text signal. It does this for a few seconds and then the station begins playing. <p>Solution:<br>You need to have someway to set the presets when the radio is not receiving these text signals. This is when you are out of range of the radio signal. There are two ways to do this:<p>1. Take your head unit out and unplug the antennae. Then set all of your presets with no reception. (HARD)<p>2. Wait until you are traveling and set all of the presets when you are out of range of your local radio stations. (Easier)<p>Over the weekend I went home to visit my family and on the way I gave the second option a try. When I returned, I found that it worked perfectly. No more of that stupid "Searching" message. I did it in the middle of Indiana. You just need to make sure that you are not getting any text signal. Sometimes when you are away from your home radio station you are still in the range of some other local radio station. So just make sure you are not getting a signal. I had to do this at 2 seperate places to make sure that there was no signal.<p>So give this a try if you are traveling out of town. It is a lot nicer than having to wait or doing some other sort of manuever to circumvent the waiting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts