SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just driving back to my office after lunch, listening to a cd, and all the sudden, the cd stops, and it reverts back to radio. Now the only button that works on the entire stereo is the power button. I cannot eject the cd (in dash), or tape, and I cannot change the radio station.<p>Has anyone had this happen before? If so, how was it fixed/what was the cost, etc?<p>Or any suggestions on how to fix it?<p>THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: Radio Issues... (ktb09)

i can not help much. it sounds like an internal fault in power supply. i know the radio unit (head unit) is easy to get out of my '03 v40.<p>i know they are expensive from volvo but you could try a junk yard and if they have the radio code it would be cheaper. <p>i would try a very reputable auto stereo store though. those guys can do a lot. it could be as easy as prying out the cd as that may lock the other controls. i know nothing works on my radio if i have a cd in it, it is locked to the cd system.<p>i would go to a large auto audio shop and ask for help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Radio Issues... (ktb09)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ktb09</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just driving back to my office after lunch, listening to a cd, and all the sudden, the cd stops, and it reverts back to radio. Now the only button that works on the entire stereo is the power button. I cannot eject the cd (in dash), or tape, and I cannot change the radio station.<p>THANK YOU!</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I have a similar problem with my '06 S40 with premium sound unit, but the system doesn't become totally disabled. I picked up the car four days ago, and yesterday while listening to a CD shortly after starting the car, it switches to the radio. If I put it back to CD, I'm fine. But it seems like shortly after I start up the car it's going to swtich from CD to radio once, and then be fine for the rest of the trip. <p>Don't know if this radio is the same that you have but it's definitely odd.<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts