SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just driving back to my office after lunch, listening to a cd, and all the sudden, the cd stops, and it reverts back to radio. Now the only button that works on the entire stereo is the power button. I cannot eject the cd (in dash), or tape, and I cannot change the radio station.

Has anyone had this happen before? If so, how was it fixed/what was the cost, etc?

Or any suggestions on how to fix it?

THANK YOU!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Re: Radio Issues... (ktb09)

i can not help much. it sounds like an internal fault in power supply. i know the radio unit (head unit) is easy to get out of my '03 v40.

i know they are expensive from volvo but you could try a junk yard and if they have the radio code it would be cheaper.

i would try a very reputable auto stereo store though. those guys can do a lot. it could be as easy as prying out the cd as that may lock the other controls. i know nothing works on my radio if i have a cd in it, it is locked to the cd system.

i would go to a large auto audio shop and ask for help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Radio Issues... (ktb09)

Quote, originally posted by ktb09 »
I was just driving back to my office after lunch, listening to a cd, and all the sudden, the cd stops, and it reverts back to radio. Now the only button that works on the entire stereo is the power button. I cannot eject the cd (in dash), or tape, and I cannot change the radio station.

THANK YOU!

I have a similar problem with my '06 S40 with premium sound unit, but the system doesn't become totally disabled. I picked up the car four days ago, and yesterday while listening to a CD shortly after starting the car, it switches to the radio. If I put it back to CD, I'm fine. But it seems like shortly after I start up the car it's going to swtich from CD to radio once, and then be fine for the rest of the trip.

Don't know if this radio is the same that you have but it's definitely odd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.