SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issue keeping their radio favorites?
My (17 momentum +) loses its radio favorites after couple of weeks of programming them. Not sure why this happens.
I’ll program several favorite local channels and after a little while the “favorites” button is grayed out and all the programmed channels are lost. This is has happened ever since we’ve had the vehicle and it’s incredibly frustrating. The programmed channels are only FM as we don’t have Sirius and don’t use AM.
Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Btw, I don’t think it has anything to do with getting new software since this occurs multiple times throughout the year and between services.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think you need to go to the station number you want manually and then press the lock button so that it will be kept saved on your profile.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Only happened after the service tech failed to restore my setting after a total software upgrade. I use this daily on my MY16 (that is why I'm so "emotional" on not having a voice command for it!!)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you need to go to the station number you want manually and then press the lock button so that it will be kept saved on your profile.
That’s the way to save it as a favorite, by highlighting the star. I’ve done that 15+ times so far. I set several stations, last’s couple of weeks then they all disappear again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a 19 so maybe they improved it. The favorites can be frustrating. They seem to disappear.

What causes it is changing the Audio source, or changing driver profiles. If you change driver profiles, by selection or fob, the favorites do seem to return when the original profile is selected or fob used again. If you change audio source, then it is really frustrating. I seem to have to swipe left on the Sensus screen and select favorites a couple of times to get them to come back.

The key is never change the audio source once you have them selected and working. Then you can flip between the favorites using the right and left arrows on the right steering wheel pad.

Definitely a design improvement is needed here, but I doubt any will be forthcoming since it is a new model in 2020.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frustrating. This still keeps happening. Yesterday, the wife was driving and all was well, when suddenly she went to change one of her favorites, they were once again gone. She didn’t change sources, profiles, or anything else. Simply driving then poof, all favorites gone again. Anyone else with this issue?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a different "favorites" problem. I'll have stations X, Y and Z favorited, and the star will show up when in "Library" .. but when you click "Favorites" .. station X just doesn't show up as a favorite, even though on the previous screen it had a star.

Now .. I get it .. if station X was out of range, maybe it doesn't show up as a favorite. But I'm in the city, the station is completely live and strong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts