SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that people were complaining about this but it has never happened to me before. However, I have two observations, which may help Volvo software group (although I assume that it's already fixed as part of the November software)

1. Before this happened, I activated the the individual driver profile for the first time. However, I also activated it later again but it did not cause any problems with the new radio favorites.

2. With auto start/stop on, I stopped at the red light. Then I opened the door to get out to check something in the trunk. When I came back the engine was off; I had to restart the car. I did not even notice but the center display and the radio turned itself on 3-4 minutes later After then I noticed that radio favorites were gone. Also the easy entry/exit was deactivated in the settings.

So to make the long story short:
a) there may be a connection with #2 and radio favorites
b) the car is probably getting confused if you open the door when the engine is turned off by the car, not by the driver.

Nothing serious but wanted to share with everybody

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would definitely say that #2(B) is designed to operate that way as a safety feature. You opened the door while the Stop/Go was ENGAGED, so the engine was properly turned off.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My point is that the car/system may be acting differently in the following scenarios.

1. You use the knob to stop the engine
vs
2. You stop the car, the engine shuts down because of auto stop/start, and then you open the door without turning the knob to stop the engine

And my theory is that the car may be confused if you start the engine again in scenario #2 because in fact it has never been stopped properly using the knob. And may be there is a connection with the radio favorites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts