SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004.5 s40 and on the display the radio has well gone missing sort to say. None of the buttons are responsive the audio settings in the menu are gone but the display works for all the other functions(ac and such).

I don't know what happen I was installing a fm modulator and then when I was finished I turned the car on and nothing worked (my worst fear)... I have checked and re checked everything in the car that I messed with and am really stumped. The dealer wants 170 to update/upgrade the computer and I'm not even sure if it will fix it.

My question is has anyone else had this problem I know I have read about the radio freezing but is this how it freezes for everyone and how did you get it fixed in the end..

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: Radio disappeared (n0apologies)

My car does this every now and then, and it is super annoying. It fixes itself after I have turned the car off and on again, or after a couple hours. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (n0apologies)

That sucks. But this one was after you did something with an FM modulator, correct? I'd say you bumped something or maybe didn't click some connection in all the way. The fiber optic system is super lame when it comes to that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (carreragt7)

Well I have gone through everything but maybe some dust got in a connection ill check them all again is there any way that I can clean the connection. Also is there a diagram somewhere to trace the path of the cable?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Re: (christianwoodward)

Quote, originally posted by christianwoodward »
Same thing kept happening to me, dealer flash fixed it.

Did it fix it for good? They flashed mine but No Joy. They replaced my ICM and it still freezes.
Stan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I took it into the dealer and about 200 bucks later its fixed. Apparently they reset/flashed it and there was a blown fuse in cem 62? I went through and checked each fuse by hand so I'm not even sure where that is maybe its a big one? But it does work now and so does the kenwood kos-a200 I couldn't be happier; now just have to find a place to mount the remote sensor.

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Re: (n0apologies)

The CEM fusebox is located below and behind the glovebox. Fuse 62 is right there in the 2004.5 S40, but it controls the moonroof, not the ICM.

From the owner's manual fuses section at http://apps.volvocars.us/owner...pg149

I bet disconnecting the battery negative lead for 10 minutes would have fixed the issue, but the s/w update will certainly help. Lots of glitches in the early radios.

Tom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.