SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to remember the code for my radio and tried 3 times...and now it has an OFF code...read the owners manual and tried all permutations...is the unit OFF when it says off...when you hit the power button it goes off so is it on???? waited the requisite 2 hours and still error code OFF any one walk me through this one..???? the book says ...key in position one...unit turned on ...wait 2 hours...so do you enter the code with the unit on which looks off or with it turned on which looks off ????

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I tried the disconnect route and the same problem...But I did figure it out...here ya go..put key in position "1" .turn radio till you see "OFF" on the screen and walk away...the book said 2 hours...it was more like 3...it will then say code and then punch it in...some cars may need you to put key in position 2...some cars may take 2 hours...be patient...it will eventually go to the code screen.

·
Registered
51 Posts
lol ok man good thing you figured it out... but thankfully i replaced my stereo shortly after getting the car because the front speakers werent working (result of some broken internal of the radio) luckily the jvc i went with was cheaper and came with a 3 year warranty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts