SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anywhere on here work at a dealer and feel like doing me a favor to look up my radio code? My local dealer wants me to bring the car in to verify the VIN, but I can't get over there while they're because of my work schedule. The car is a 98 S70 with a SC-816, and I can PM the VIN to anyone willing to help me out.

I used to have it written on a piece of tape on the inside of the glovebox door. My mechanic removed it for some reason. No clue why....Anyhow, thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Why don't you call the Service Dept., ask for them to give the code to the Sales Manager of that store and you can drive there after work. Sales Manager will verify your VIN and then release the code to you. The verification process is there for the reason to prevent fraud.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
PM ed you
I can get your code for you

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jim, I sent you an email with the info you had requested.

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive always called saying im from "such and such shop" working on a customers car and need the radio code because we had to disconnect the battery
always talk to the parts deparment and they give me the code with no problems as long as i give the the S/N off the radio, never had an issue

i actually do work for an individual repair shop but i dont see why anyone could not just do the same thing...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got mine when I signed up for Sirius. They told me I needed the radio code in order to get Sirius. I told them I didn't have it and then they looked it up by me giving them the VIN.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts