SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when I expand the radio section (AM/FM/Favorites etc.) and I start scrolling through the stations using the steering wheel controls the cursor highlighting the station moves down the list but the station list does not move up as the cursor moves down.
Does anyone know if there is a setting to allow you to control this? It is annoying…
Thanks…

·
Registered
200 Posts
Annoying SW bug that Volvo doesn't seem to want to fix.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have noticed when I expand the radio section (AM/FM/Favorites etc.) and I start scrolling through the stations using the steering wheel controls the cursor highlighting the station moves down the list but the station list does not move up as the cursor moves down.
When I'm using the steering wheel controls, I look at the instrument panel (displays current media information), not the center screen. I don't see a real issue here.

And, I wouldn't call this a defect because it's more of an enhancement. Implementing this correctly would require knowing (1) if the radio control panel is open, (2) the last station if currently closed, (3) calculating the viewport offset to ensure the list entry is visible, etc. Software isn't exactly easy. ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Perhaps SW is not so simple, but cars that cost 1/4 of a Volvo have this working just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just want it to stop informing me that my Sirius XM subscription has expired, thank you , you told me, now shut up about it.

Perhaps Volvo gets a share of each activation, otherwise why does it constantly keep telling me that?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Writing software on a mature OS is easy. But it is hard on a QNX where desktop UI support is limited.

Of course Android UI will not have such problem. And they don't have motivation to spend time on fixing current Sensus.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Writing software on a mature OS is easy. But it is hard on a QNX where desktop UI support is limited.

Of course Android UI will not have such problem. And they don't have motivation to spend time on fixing current Sensus.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
I know this is wishful thinking but hopefully the processor in the sensus hardware is compatible with the android OS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I know this is wishful thinking but hopefully the processor in the sensus hardware is compatible with the android OS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Google Auto (or whatever it’s to be called) code could also be ported to run on the QNX hardware in existing SPA class Volvo’s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts