SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went out to my car while on lunch at work and discovered a 3 foot puddle of antifreeze under it. Does anyone know where the radiator fill up is? I looked at it and can't find a spot to fill it besides the overflow tank. Luckily i keep a gallon of antifreeze as well as oil on my trunk. I want to go to a parts store after work and get a bottle of radiator stop leak. Does anyone know where the fill up is? Is it ok to put that stuff right in the overflow fill up? It is a 1995 850 Turbo. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: radiator (sledzib)

Ok do you know if its ok to put a solvent for radiator leaks into the overfill tank to attempt to patch the crack in my radiator? i want to throw that in tonight and tomorrow take a look and see if i can jb weld wherever this crack is then buy a new radiator. oh by the way, im pretty sure your one of my brothers friends. he has the safron c70. your list of cars are whats making me think that. ok thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: radiator (sledzib)

Ya im friends with Rob, haha... also +1 to the rad stopleaks causing problems, theyll also block up the coolant passages on the turbo and cause it to over heat.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Re: radiator (canam77)

I just had to do the radiator on mine and it was actually not to bad. I did it myself and i am in no way a mechanic. There are some good guides over on Volvospeed.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts