SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be swapping out the radiator because of a leak. I need to know if the oil and turbo cooler lines are differcult to remove and install, and if there is a special tool for the clamps used on those hoses? Do I have to purchase new clamps for those hoses and what exactly are they called? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ok its fairly easy as long as you know what your doing (mechanically inclined par say lol) anyway i have the same car that you have and i replaced the radiatior after blowing a hole in the radiator (i was 30 plus 100) but the most difficult part was just getting everything out because the radiator is connected to the ac condensor and the intercooler (one regret i had was not taking out the biga** piece of plastic that sits over all the radiatorand intercooler madness i think if that is removed iot willl make for a much much easier job) so your best bet is to just disconnect everything and lable the 6 hoses trans in/out coolant in/out and the oil in/out there might be another pair but i personally forget but you get the picture and just remember where all the electrical plugs that connect to the intercooler and the radiator go other than that its a cake walk, and the clamps are pretty easy all you gotta do is pinch them and they go loose then to the reverse to tighten them back up

·
Registered
1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay cool will try as soon as the unit come in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts