SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good online vendor which supplies Volvo Genuine Coolant, as specified in the XC60 owners manual? I need to add some to mine, but the manual cautions against mixing different types of coolants. I think this refers to ensuring a 50/50 mix of water to coolant is maintained, but am not sure if it also means not mixing fluids from different manufacturers...

Any thoughts?

WAS

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does anyone know of a good online vendor which supplies Volvo Genuine Coolant, as specified in the XC60 owners manual? I need to add some to mine, but the manual cautions against mixing different types of coolants. I think this refers to ensuring a 50/50 mix of water to coolant is maintained, but am not sure if it also means not mixing fluids from different manufacturers...

Any thoughts?

WAS
I wasn't too sure about the predilluted 50/50 mixes at the auto part stores so I called the service guys at the dealership. They said as long as it's phosphate free you're good. I ended up going with Pentosin (blue) and mixed it with some distilled water.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pentosin NF it is then! Thanks guys. My fluid is just at the minimum level in the reservoir so I need to top it off a little.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I guess it's that time to drain my 'coolant' and replace it with 'anti-freeze' ;-)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just for completeness and future reference, the factory fill coolant/anti-freeze is called G48 by industry terminology. Here are the G48 solutions available in the US (all are the same stuff):
Volvo part number 31338284
BMW 82-14-1-467-704
MINI 82 14 0 031 133
Mercedes-Benz BQ 1 03 0004
Pentosin Pentofrost NF
These are all full strength and need to be mixed 50/50 (generally) with distilled water before adding.

G05 is VERY similar and is many times used as a substitute since it's more readily available. Zerex G-05 is very common in auto parts stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts