SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I found a brand new radiator locally for an S 60 manual for dirt cheap. I know the radiator is the same for the 25 between the S 60 and the XC 70, but will the manual radiator work on the XC 70?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The question is does the radiator have the trans cooler ports on the drivers side? If so then yes it'll work if you're talking a p2 s60.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The question is does the radiator have the trans cooler ports on the drivers side? If so then yes it'll work if you're talking a p2 s60.
Got ya. Yup, p2 s60. Looked up the p/n listed in the ad, according to fcp it will fit my car. However as we know occasionally their crossover reference is incorrect

·
Registered
437 Posts
I work for a radiator distributor, generally they are all made to support both setups to reduce production cost with newer cars. It's basically no fluid in, no fluid out, so the trans oil cooler stays empty.

According to VIDA they are both the same, including what I said above:

S60 M56 2.5T:

XC70 2.5T:

Disregard the "premair" bullsh*t, thank god these cars don't have the anti tamper device like the P3s.

Just wanted to give a sure answer. You can always just check to see if it has the ports too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work for a radiator distributor, generally they are all made to support both setups to reduce production cost with newer cars. It's basically no fluid in, no fluid out, so the trans oil cooler stays empty.

According to VIDA they are both the same, including what I said above:

S60 M56 2.5T:

XC70 2.5T:

Disregard the "premair" bullsh*t, thank god these cars don't have the anti tamper device like the P3s.

Just wanted to give a sure answer. You can always just check to see if it has the ports too.
Excellent!

I may actually end up skipping this deal, the rad is a cheap Chinese Delang brand I’ve never heard of (although I’ve read of some of the bmw guys using them with success). For the $60 asking price it may be worth it “in a pinch” but not sure I trust it

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'd agree, quality radiators are pretty cheap anyway. Stick to CSF, Performance, TYC, Nissens, or Behr. AVOID NRF or anything that you can't pronounce. Can't tell you how many off brand ghetto rads I've seen with warped cores and busted tanks... all with a quality control sticker :)

You definitely don't want a cheapy leaking, or mixing your ATF with coolant.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aye sir. Tbh I’d quite rather spend more on a full aluminum rad anyhow over something with plastic end tanks. Do it once do it right never do it again and have the parts outlive this car and probably the next one...

·
Registered
437 Posts
go ahead and install an auxillary trans cooler too! best combo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
go ahead and install an auxillary trans cooler too! best combo.
Given my transmission issues that’s already on my list Any suggestions on a good tranny cooler? I honestly don’t know what size to get and consider just getting an xc 90 cooler to mod like Dougy

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah I’d just get an XC90 one, readily available in parts yards. Some of the c30 guys modify big oil coolers to do it but I don’t have all the details.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts