SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

(you can skip the long winded story and go directly to the questions at the bottom of this post.)

I've been collecting unique R wagons over the last 12+ years and have finally acquired 1 for every year and some extras (for special projects and spare parts) 10 cars in total.

I have the following cars:
1995 850 T5-R Yellow Wagon
1996 850 R Red Wagon
1997 850 GLE Red Wagon (Standard) - Needs front end work (thanks to ice and light pole)
1997 850 GLE Black sedan
1997 850 R Red Wagon
1998 V70 R AWD Saffron (black interior)
1998 V70 R AWD Saffron (cream interior)
1999 V70 R AWD Laser Blue
2000 V70 R AWD Sliver
2000 V70 R AWD Nautic Blue

All my cars need work (some alot more then others). I want to bring them back to their original glory and adjust them to the latest upgrades that will make them run better/faster/safer.

I understand there are multiple posts all over this site and other sites asking similar questions, however I want to make one that will follow the full restoration of my cars.

Here is the questions:
1) I would like to bring all (6) R wagons to stage 0 and would like to know if anyone has a list of all the parts needed as well as links on how to install them.
2) What problems have you faced in restoring your cars (850/V70) that I should prepare for?
3) where can I get the parts (good/excellent quality) at great prices?
4) cosmetics how to prep and paint or should I leave that to the pros?

Thanks in advance to all those that can help.
Tari

RFamily

P.S. I posted this on other sites as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
whoa.... That is a lot of cars. I'm thinking you will have a grocery list on the order of maybe 6-8 thousand bucks to get them all to stage zero.

You have taken 12 years to collect these cars but not the info to repair them?

One thing at a time I say...

·
Registered
78 Posts
On second thought, I think you're trying to crowd source info for a website you are planning in order to profit. Do your own research sucka.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts