SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are SO going to make fun if me but....
I just bought my '07 S60 R and I was told it had the sport appearance package. It is magic blue, it has a small rear spoiler and there is an "R" on the door sills. Any one have a pic showing with and without? Also, I have the 6 speed GTA. Is this the preferred transmission?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
The R sport appearance package is actually known as the Sport Kit, which includes the side skirts,front winglets, rear body skirt and rear spoiler. Everything else including the door sills, trunk lip spoiler, bucket seats, sport blue gauges, come standard with R. So no R will have without those features from factory unless the owner removed them purposely.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Btw, it's 6 speed Geartronic (GT). Not sure who told you it's GTA or why the A? A for automatic?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! And if it should happen to have an Ipod or MP3 adapter where would it be? Console? Glove compartment? I can't find any slots for a USB.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw, it's 6 speed Geartronic (GT). Not sure who told you it's GTA or why the A? A for automatic?
Yeah, I thought it was GTA for automatic. I'm a girl, and blond at that. Doh!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Thank you! And if it should happen to have an Ipod or MP3 adapter where would it be? Console? Glove compartment? I can't find any slots for a USB.
No USB or iPod connectivity comes standard from the factory. You can buy dealer accessory iPod connector, or the popular choice: iMIV (linky: http://www.imiv.ca.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
No USB or iPod connectivity comes standard from the factory. You can buy dealer accessory iPod connector, or the popular choice: iMIV (linky: http://www.imiv.ca.
Iirc, late build 07s have an aux input port in the center console. Not many have it, but some do. Otherwise im-iv is the best choice....

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Preferred transmission is always a personal preference; they come with automatic or manual, which do you like more?

There are a lot of die hard manual fans, other don't want the hassle of shifting (especially if a lot of local commutes due to traffic/hills/etc). Me, personally, I'm one of those die hard manual people meaning if the car was classified as sport sedan/coupe and comes with available manual - than I'm getting it as a manual. If the vehicle was classified as a sedan/coupe and I just need a second car or whatever, I'll get whatever is available with the amenities I wanted.

You don't have to worry about being made fun of, well, maybe be cautious haha, but ask away though common questions can be answered mostly in the 3 stickies at the top of the R thread.

I personally have a sport kit on (modified sport kit) so I don't think I would be the best reference of 'what does the sport kit look like'. Do you have pictures of your car? Did you pick it up yet?

Congrats on your purchase, hope you enjoy it, get a warranty!

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Mine does not "feature" the Sport Kit Package....which I prefer myself....never been much for an aero kit however it's a bitch to keep clean!

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,791 Posts
I was told it had the sport appearance package. It is magic blue, it has a small rear spoiler and there is an "R" on the door sills. Any one have a pic showing with and without?
Jamie,

Among the stickies at the top of the page is a link to the photo gallery. If you want to know more about the various features available on ouR caRs, take a look. I have attached the link below:

http://gallery.me.com/chris_stewart#100186

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Personally I like the stock sleeper look of a no-kit R....it's all in opinion....Money isn't everything, in fact, I wouldn't even waste $400 on putting the kit on my car.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts