SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

R Sightings Thread - No Racing or Kill Posts Please

2M views 9K replies 997 participants last post by  titan joe 
#1 ·
2 Gray VR's in New London CT. One driving by BMW of New London,and one pulling out of BMW.We stared each other down.
It's kinda funny rubber neckin the same car as yours :D

#4 ·
Fayetteville, NC - Black SR, no sport kit, 05 I think. On Raeford Rd near All American today around 3:45pm. I was in the center lane and revved my engine a bit and nodded hi. I was following my wife home in her V70 or I'd have stopped when you turned off.

#21 ·
Wow - this is the first time this thread has worked for me. I got a PM from the guy "dubcaps" and we're gonna try and meet up this weekend. BTW correction - it is an 04. I think I was so excited I actually saw another R around here that my mind went blank. ;)

#5 ·
Saw a Black SR tinted, possibly exhaust just before Exit 70 on Rt 495 Long Island around 9.45 am. I was in my Midnight blue tinted range with exhaust came around you on the left and then cut back to right to take exit. You had J Gotti, Jr hair cut. ;)

#7 ·
Ti SR with ski rack on monday about 7pm,pulling out of Five Guys in East Lyme, CT

#8 ·
This morning during rush hour - Electric Silver with Nordkap (maybe?) V70R, Maryland plates, on 81S in Scranton. First time in awhile that I saw an R who recognized another R, but I tried to wave and got no response so I'm guessing you're not on here...

#9 ·
04 FG SR with a bloke driving.

205 NB over the Columbia River Bridge until the 500 exit. We had ourselves a little SR convoy for while! No chartreuse microbus though.:D

#14 ·
Saw a silver 04 VR 18inch wheels last Friday on 95N (still Bronx I believe) on the side of the road changing a tire. I would have stopped and helped but I was in the left lane and there was lots of traffic.

Also, saw a silver 04 VR somewhere around Chatam in Cape Cod this weekend...it was parked by some mansion

#18 ·
Milwaukee NW Side - Eastbound on Good Hope, from Hwy-45 this morning.

2004 S60R - Sapphire, different spoke-look alloy wheels (I was alongside for a while, then behind)

Forget the car! - nice-looking, tall blonde lady driving, and a dog in the back seat

#19 ·
Monday, 8/16/10. Silver04 SR, body kit very clean. Headed towards Clayton on Brentwood Blvd. 50ish yr. old professional type driving. Pulled up and stayed next to him for a mile or so of lights. Never a returned a glance. Sigh... Another R sighted in STL, and again,no love. Hopefully with the falling price of Rs lately, I'll see some younger enthusiasts in the area soon. I can still count on one hand the number of Rs I've seen around here.

#23 ·
05+ Ti SR on the Old Saybrook bridge,headed up rt 9 this morning about 8:15.You were driving like a bat out of hell!

#24 ·
Saw a 2005+ Blue/ Nordkap VR today in Hyannis Massachusetts passing the Hyline at 9:00am

#25 ·
Last night around 7:30 I saw a passion red SR in OCMD...I was in my friends jacked up yellow wrangler. Today I saw a Ti SR in rt.82 near Landhope in Unionville around 2 then around 4 saw a VR with a roof rack on rt.82 right by rt.1