SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's an hour early, but I'm getting this out now.

RANTS:
-Work
-School
-Dead R

RAVES:
-Car went super fast until condition "Dead R" was met
-I'm determined to get her back on the road
-Nice weather

DRINKING:
-Much, soon

·
Registered
974 Posts
Rants:
-Work tomorrow
-Broke
-Work Saturday
-Broke up with the GF
-CaR is dirty from the long drive home

Rants:
-Finally picked up my caR!!!
-Payday tomorrow
-Weather is nice enough to wash the caR tomorrow and not have to worry about it being dirty the next day
-IPD is having a sale so new parts may be in order soon

Drinking:
-Whiskey

Sleeping:
-With Vio's mom since I don't have a GF any more ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Too soon......:p

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
RANTS MOTHERTrucker:

-With Vio's mom since I don't have a GF any more ;)
~Yet another poser.

RANTS:
-Dead R
~Dude I'm sorry to hear that it truly blows. Get it up and running for 20V & Turbo'D PT2 this Fall.

~Worked a 12 hour shift today....sucked.
~IT full system update this Saturday that if it were to go terribly wrong, could keep me there all Sunday.

RAVES BIATCHES:

RAVES:
-I'm determined to get her back on the road
~True determination and proof of a TRUE ENTHUSIAST.
~Tomorrow off from work.
~MGK & TECH N9NE "HOSTILE TAKEOVER" Concert tomorrow night.
~RELAXIN' this weekend......I'm sure of it.
~Got a promotion!!!! WOOO
~IPD and ARD are going to be receiving some insane orders the next two months......IPD expect it tomorrow whenever this **** starts.

·
Registered
228 Posts
RANTS:
- ... (Can't think of any)

RAVES:
- Work until 2PM tomorrow
- 80ish in PDX
- Payday with OT!
- Time with my girls for Father's Day weekend
- New Intercooler
- looking forward to seeing the ex's Camry, when picking up my daughter, that I left the cheating b!7(][ with! So I can "just smile and wave"...

Drinking:
- Woodford Reserve

MUSIC:
- Queued up for the drive in, TOOL, Lateralus

Enjoy the weekend, as good or crapy as it may seem. There is something about having an R car that makes life all good!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Rants:
-Haven't had time to do any work on my Rover or R, I miss being underneath them...
-That sucks about Prienzo's car, we should all pour out a beer for a dead bRother
-Tired, just want to sleep in til at least 9.

Raves:
-Rover and R are running well, except the R needs an alignment.
-Got a Grom unit for the Rover, need an iMiV for the R.
-Turned on the R today at work just to hear the rumble(Vio and Giorgi know that sound)
-Can't wait to plasti-dip my R.
-Did a photoshoot tonight for Rovers Magazine cover, I'm not saying this is the one, but it's from this shoot:

Drinking- Lake Placid Hefeweizen

Music- None, I'm tired

·
Registered
343 Posts
Rant:
Finals for school tomorrow and Saturday
Sad to see the death of another R...

Raves:
Summer
Engine is going in the boat Sunday.
IPD subframe bushings
Time to actually get back shocks done.
Vio's mom subject is a THING, native to Swedespeed, it might have been a year i keep hearing about it.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Rants
My grades aren't posted yet
It's my off pay week

Raves
I have the day off
Going to a BBQ with some friends tomorrow

Drinking
Sam summer and Jack Daniels Honey

·
Registered
228 Posts
Rants:
-Haven't had time to do any work on my Rover or R, I miss being underneath them...
-That sucks about Prienzo's car, we should all pour out a beer for a dead bRother
-Tired, just want to sleep in til at least 9.

Raves:
-Rover and R are running well, except the R needs an alignment.
-Got a Grom unit for the Rover, need an iMiV for the R.
-Turned on the R today at work just to hear the rumble(Vio and Giorgi know that sound)
-Can't wait to plasti-dip my R.
-Did a photoshoot tonight for Rovers Magazine cover, I'm not saying this is the one, but it's from this shoot:

Drinking- Lake Placid Hefeweizen

Music- None, I'm tired
Mirrorpond poured out...(yes Mirrorpond and Woodford go hand in hand)... for a dead bROtheR. My hope is that it will rise again, and be on the road again!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Rants:
Intercooler coupler blew off the piping, although it was expected since I re-used a crappy OEM clamp on that one (no space for a T-bolt).
Need tune!
Reverse light switch is still blown...i've had the new switch laying around for months now
Still need a transmission oil change
AC still leaking

Raves:
FMIC gets a lot of attention
Car pulls like an animal anymore, glad to get rid of the heat soak
Fixing the AC tomorrow with lots of JB weld!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Rants: I can't sleep. Too much caffeine in the system

Raves: Short workday on tomorrow and Saturday
Ipd's hd coil packs came in!
Might have time to do a little R painting on Saturday evening/Sunday

·
Registered
233 Posts
Rants:

More damn lights on and off in the R.
Have 7 10 hour shifts in a row, most of which will turn into 11 and 12 hour shifts! MOTHER ^^&&*^%^^&!
My speakers are not selling on ebay or audiogon!
Almost out of Vodka

Raves:
My new order of Ambien came in!
Have 7 10 hour shifts in a row, most of which will turn into 11 and 12 hour shifts! Good for OT at double time.
Not out of Vodka yet.
Wife got me a new Brinkman BBQ for Fathers Day.

Music: Some Funtcase Dubstep while playing a little MW3.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Rants: I can't sleep. Too much caffeine in the system

Raves: Short workday on tomorrow and Saturday
Ipd's hd coil packs came in!
Might have time to do a little R painting on Saturday evening/Sunday

Looks like you could use some of my 1st rave! I never sleep anymore. It sucks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Rants:

Got home last night to discover that both of my fog light grilles were missing. I vaguely remembered sometime in the last week when I pulled too far into a parking space...only the second time I've ever done that.
Too much work do do.
Beautiful day outside which I'm going to have to observe from inside my cube.

Raves:

Got to work this morning and found my fog light grilles a few spaces over. Best 'welcome to work' present ever.
Increasingly regular massage scheduled for after work tonight.
Ordering parts from IPD on sale tomorrow morning.
The Connecticut Constitution battles Philly for first place in the AUDL tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Rants:
Being 23 makes me feel old
Waaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Rants:

Feel really bad for Patrick, so I have a hard time complaining about my cracked Ronal wheel that will be fixed in a few days for a mere $150
My Expedition has a nasty PS leak, but I can't drop it off to get fixed until the R is road worthy again.
I'm 60% older than JRR so i have no sympathy for him about his "old age"....

Raves:
Im having a mini-reunion with my old college roommate, as he and his wife are in Boston til Sunday.
Dinner tonight at the Union Oyster house!
Golf all day tomorrow
date with a 24 yr old on Sunday :) (yes I know, this violates the "half my age plus seven rule", but I dont care, she's hot and loves my car ;) )

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Looks like you could use some of my 1st rave! I never sleep anymore. It sucks!
Lol, I hate medications, so I think I'll just try not to drink coffee at work past 4pm. I did myself in having three cups past 8pm last night!

Btw, were you in the marines/navy? CH46E is the Sea Knight chopper, and I'm guessing that's no coincidence :D

·
6,436 Posts
Rants:
- spent wayyyy too much money on suits this week

Raves:
- front sway bar came in
- 5 year anniversary at work - got $150 out of it :)
- got an iPad ... though I prefer android

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Rants:
Feeling very sorry for Patrick (even though we've never communicated... but he's an R lover, and that's good enough for me) . I'm with urinalcake, it's hard to complain about having to do a job twice (put on new parking brake shoes) and STILL not getting rid of that itty bitty shudder at 50mph...
Got to work on the house all weekend.
Have my boss in town on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... (not really a rant, just not prepared, and will have no time to prepare prior to him showing up.. ugh)
I am 100% older than JRR, and getting ready to be 105% older... so don't really wanna hear it... (but Happy Birthday!)
I was really REALLY disappointed with Prometheus. There, I said it. (this from a person who has seen all Alien movies until the AVP2 movie... and most of them on opening night) They broke their universe's story line... and it was visually good, but the story was MEH.

Raves:
Got the rear wheel bearings in, and Wow! the car is quiet inside... the Contis give a slight hum on some surfaces.. but mostly, leather wrapped tomb...
Get to work on the house all weekend... running electricals with nephew (the master electrician) so we'll be that much closer to getting finished with the "Disaster Area" for a while...
Boss is coming to hang out for 3 days, and I am doing well (just not prepared, see above) I really like my boss a LOT, he is an awesome dude... maybe we'll drive the R next week for work... at least one day... he's p/o'd at me for finding one for "cheap" - his words - , when he's had all kinds of problems with his '11 Hyundai that he bought from CarMax at about the same time...

- and personal to urinalcake... my wife is several years older than I am... younger doesn't necessarily mean "better"... trust me on this... but have fun!

Drinking:
Coffee, mild roast, very strong. My only vice these days due to Rx's.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts