SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, have a chance to pull parts off an '04 S60R (I've got an '06 S60 2.5T AWD), have one or two questions I can't find a solid answer to, hopefully someone can help me out.

1. Will the front and rear bumper off the '04 S60R fit my '06 S60 2.5T AWD?
2. To upgrade to a K24, this thread (link below) mentions modifying a coolant pipe to allow the K24 to physically fit - is there any way to just pull this pipe off an R to avoid having to remove, cut, and weld the coolant pipe? Trying to decide if I should get the K24 off it or not.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?175077-S60-T5-2001-Rebuild-with-KKK24-turbo
3. Anything else I should snag? Already planning to pull the brake calipers, maybe pads and rotors if they're in good shape, probably wheels too.

Thanks all.

J

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey all, have a chance to pull parts off an '04 S60R (I've got an '06 S60 2.5T AWD), have one or two questions I can't find a solid answer to, hopefully someone can help me out.

1. Will the front and rear bumper off the '04 S60R fit my '06 S60 2.5T AWD?
2. To upgrade to a K24, this thread (link below) mentions modifying a coolant pipe to allow the K24 to physically fit - is there any way to just pull this pipe off an R to avoid having to remove, cut, and weld the coolant pipe? Trying to decide if I should get the K24 off it or not.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?175077-S60-T5-2001-Rebuild-with-KKK24-turbo
3. Anything else I should snag? Already planning to pull the brake calipers, maybe pads and rotors if they're in good shape, probably wheels too.

Thanks all.

J
I’m surprised a post like this isn’t stickied already.

1. From what I’ve gathered, the 05+ brackets (? beneath the bumper cover) match the ones used on the Rs, so it should fit,but if it were me I’d take everything the R bumper cover is connected to just to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
the turbo will fit if you take the oil/coolant turbo lines, main coolant pipe, air intake/airbox and the OTE pipe. All of those are upgrades too.

As well:
Steering wheel+airbag
Cluster hood, door pulls
Premium speakers+amp/dual speaker door panels(assuming its the same colour as yours)
headlights(should you choose to go to the glass xenons
Intercooler(its the dual version if you want to go through the effort to switch it out.
Exhaust
blue engine covers/fuel rail cover
The R's also had a powersteering cooler if you really want to go through the effort of pulling off the line

Edit: Since you are AWD the springs and rear swaybar are a good upgrade as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks man, never would have thought about the rear swaybar... or the amp. Both solid tips.

What's different about the R springs? Shocks are out/incompatible because of 4C, right? Are the springs good for lowering, or are they stiffer or something? Haven't reached that stage with my build yet but will snag those for later if it's a good upgrade.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
2006 S60 AWD - starts off ( Bad Tranny )

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Sedan
Ends up like this :D
2.5T with 20T greens , M66 , Coilovers, OBX and FMIC and more fun stuffs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts