SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 48re, 17" Helo Guns, 285/70 BFG KO's, 2" leveling kit up front, gutted kitty, Dynomax muffler.

2001 Volvo C70 Coupe auto, the wife mobile. Stock as stock can be :)...ipod interface i guess is the mod.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Does it run 10's-11's in the 1/4?? :) Always amazed by those trucks at the track.

92 BMW E34 M52/S52 cams and turbo
2004 V70R
1985 VW cabriolet (wifey)
2005 VW Golf (wifey)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
"They better not take my stapler"

·
Registered
857 Posts
My toys:

'04 S60R

'04 Ducati Monster S4

'07 Suzuki RMZ 450

I'll upload pictures when I'm not 'working'

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice! Love alpine Weiss on a BMW. I assume 335 with the twins?

Also like the towhook plate. I plan on making one of those for the VR.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Nice! Love alpine Weiss on a BMW. I assume 335 with the twins?

Also like the towhook plate. I plan on making one of those for the VR.
Thanks! Indeed it is. They reintroduced the N54 engine and bumped up the HP/torque for the E92 335is.

The towhook plate is something we're working on as well ;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Keep me posted on that. I was going to have my friend weld one up but if the price is right, I would order one from you guys.

My good friend has a 335 just like that on his lot and we went out to pit it against my turbo E34. We both left the light at the same time but I pulled a car length or two at about 30 MPH and then I was gone at 70 :) Amazed at how quick they are stock though. And of course I have read how insane they are with a tune etc. Love the color combo with your interior.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does it run 10's-11's in the 1/4?? :) Always amazed by those trucks at the track.

92 BMW E34 M52/S52 cams and turbo
2004 V70R
1985 VW cabriolet (wifey)
2005 VW Golf (wifey)
I've removed all the mods, it's stock right now. The best I ever did was put a car length on the wife's C70. My friend owned it before me, and he claims it did 13.9 in the 1/4. It had a Bullydog TDGT programmer, the exhaust mods, and a Banks intercooler, intake, and charge pipe. Not bad for a 7klb truck. My dad is considering buying it from me, hence the mod removal. I don't need it since I got the R, and i'm tired of the payment :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I doubt it, unless he's done some major mods to the engine & added a tune. Sounds like it's stock mechanically. The only trucks from Dodge that were capable of putting out those numbers at the track were the SRT/10 Rams & the R/T Dakotas. The Dakotas still needed some modifications to do it, but not much. My high school friend's dad owned the dodge dealership in town where I grew up. We used to take the R/T Dakotas out to Famoso Raceway to try them out. SRT/10's didn't come along until after we graduated. He did own one for a while after I moved out to the coast. He got it to run a 10.6 on drag radials.

Here are my cars:
1968 Plymouth Fury: damn thing is so heavy (4500lbs)... running 450hp w/ a 250 shot of NOS.

2005 caR

Don't actually have any pics of the wife's car. 2002 Chevy Tahoe LS 4x4. Added headers, CAI, throttle body spacer, & a Predator Tune just to get the mileage from 16mpg's to 20 on the freeway :eek:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I doubt it, unless he's done some major mods to the engine & added a tune. Sounds like it's stock mechanically. The only trucks from Dodge that were capable of putting out those numbers at the track were the SRT/10 Rams & the R/T Dakotas. The Dakotas still needed some modifications to do it, but not much. My high school friend's dad owned the dodge dealership in town where I grew up. We used to take the R/T Dakotas out to Famoso Raceway to try them out. SRT/10's didn't come along until after we graduated. He did own one for a while after I moved out to the coast. He got it to run a 10.6 on drag radials.

Here are my cars:

Don't actually have any pics of the wife's car. 2002 Chevy Tahoe LS 4x4. Added headers, CAI, throttle body spacer, & a Predator Tune just to get the mileage from 16mpg's to 20 on the freeway :eek:
Did the mileage really improve that much on the Tahoe? My dad's got a 2007 Tahoe and can't seem to get over 18 tops out of it. He was going to sell it and buy my Dodge just so he could get over 20mpg on his 130mi daily commute. I might have him look into that tune if it helped that much.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have been to the local track several times in the last 12 months and the Ford, Chevy, Dodge quad cab diesel trucks with lifts and big tires often running 10's and 11's. I would have never believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes. They just pour black smoke out of the pipes right before they launch and then they are gone. And there are lots of them. I have watched several youtube videos of similar trucks wasting supras etc on highways.

Here are the pix of my turbo E34 from my other thread.

And the build I am doing for the wifey

·
Premium Member
3,673 Posts
1991 Volvo 780. No pictures, because it's in pieces. It's got bilsteins on all four corners, lowered, and wilwood 4-pistons up front.

If it's ever 'finished' it'll be cool. Otherwise, it just hangs out.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Did the mileage really improve that much on the Tahoe? My dad's got a 2007 Tahoe and can't seem to get over 18 tops out of it. He was going to sell it and buy my Dodge just so he could get over 20mpg on his 130mi daily commute. I might have him look into that tune if it helped that much.
Yes... but it involved a lot more than just installing the pre-programmed tune from the Predator programmer. I had to go in & mess with injector slopes, timing, and shift points. It drives nice, but I definitely neutered it a bit. If we tow anything, I have another tune I install that drops it down to about 16-17 mpg's. It'll lag like a mofo if I try to tow with my fuel sipper tune.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have been to the local track several times in the last 12 months and the Ford, Chevy, Dodge quad cab diesel trucks with lifts and big tires often running 10's and 11's. I would have never believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes. They just pour black smoke out of the pipes right before they launch and then they are gone. And there are lots of them. I have watched several youtube videos of similar trucks wasting supras etc on highways.
My truck will take my wife's C70 by a car length to 70 with only the bullydog programmer....the HO motors with a programmer dont mess around. I've pulled the programmer off, so it's just a regular truck now. It's still relatively quick though, has no problem getting out of its own way.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts